Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Would you think anything of this comment from the guy I'm dating? watch

Announcements

I've been seeing a guy for 2 months and we like each other, but it's not always clear, for me at least, if he sees anything long-term in this or if he's just having in fun.

Anyway, he was cooking for me the other night & he said he likes to cook the dish slowly and give it time to simmer Then he looked at me and said 'it's like most things worth having, is it not?"

I agreed that it was. Do some people just make off the cuff statements like this or was he making a comment about our not-quite relationship?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he was hinting that taking it slow is the best way to make it last?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've been seeing a guy for 2 months and we like each other, but it's not always clear, for me at least, if he sees anything long-term in this or if he's just having in fun.

Anyway, he was cooking for me the other night & he said he likes to cook the dish slowly and give it time to simmer Then he looked at me and said 'it's like most things worth having, is it not?"

I agreed that it was. Do some people just make off the cuff statements like this or was he making a comment about our not-quite relationship?
    If they take it slower, they're thinking long-term otherwise they'll do whatever and don't care.

(Original post by ckfeister)
    If they take it slower, they're thinking long-term otherwise they'll do whatever and don't care.
    So do you think a guy wouldn't say this off the cuff unless long-term was somewhere in his mind?

Part of the reason I ask is because things are really up in the air with his internship/future job and he may have to move across the country. He doesn't know what is going to happen yet, but it's hard to tell where his mind is at with us.

ReputationRep:
    I think by the sounds of it he has you in his mind as someone he would like to be in his long term future. I don't think you should worry too much about his job and potentially moving as that is uncertain at the moment. Focus on what you guys have in the time you have. He sounds like a good guy

(Original post by Anonymous)
    So do you think a guy wouldn't say this off the cuff unless long-term was somewhere in his mind?

Part of the reason I ask is because things are really up in the air with his internship/future job and he may have to move across the country. He doesn't know what is going to happen yet, but it's hard to tell where his mind is at with us.
    I think short-term relationships are heartless and careless, he must think the same and trying to make things go slower so its more stable and no wild winds.

Long-distance relationships will be diffcult at times ex. with the person I'm at his granddad is very ill all of a sudden and haven't barely talked for 4 days after we met the first time... if you love them you will stay and get strongr as the day goes by for the long-distance just think of what the end would be. Also, think would you ever find someone like this again? Thought I would say this for future advise for ya.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why I'm anonymous but thats me above ^^^

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 4, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.