Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

perfect guy but awful circumstances... what should I do? Watch

ReputationRep:
    so I have only been seeing this guy for a month, but honestly everything feels so right with him. things got serious pretty quickly and we both agree how much we like each other. he is the kindest, most genuine person and makes me so incredibly happy and has asked to be my boyfriend. BUT tonight he leaves my home town (where he studies at the local uni) to go back to his home which is 6 hours away because he has to work. I have my A-Level exams over the next few weeks and then have travelling with my best friend. then it's summer, I don't have a lot of money so going to see him would be tough and he has an extremely busy schedule. then in September when he comes back to my home town, I will be leaving for uni. can this ever work? I know he is incredibly special and that we could be wonderful but is it going to be too difficult? opinions please!
    p.s. I am aware how rushed this seems, but it's just the way it's happened.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it would work. You guys can go seperate ways temporarily, it may hurt for a while not being able to see him, but it's the best thing for both of you. You will be in a long distant relationship, but you will be able to deal with that. Maybe he could come over and meet you from time to time if you do not have the money to travel to him. After you have finished studying you will be able to then maybe go and live with him. Just an idea of what you guys can maybe do Hope everything works out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zeeennn)
    Yes, it would work. You guys can go seperate ways temporarily, it may hurt for a while not being able to see him, but it's the best thing for both of you. You will be in a long distant relationship, but you will be able to deal with that. Maybe he could come over and meet you from time to time if you do not have the money to travel to him. After you have finished studying you will be able to then maybe go and live with him. Just an idea of what you guys can maybe do Hope everything works out!
    thank you so much, it is really nice to hear something positive! x

ReputationRep:
    i think personally you should ride with it but don't let it get too serious (boyfriend/girlfriend) if your leaving for a substantial amount of time then definitely just go do what you planned then see how you feel when you come back. You are young and trust me your feelings will fly from plate to plate at this stage in your life

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 5, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.