Is it bad that I didn't know who Muhammed Ali was until he died?

Watch this thread
.Iqra.
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Personally I felt so bad that I actually cried.
R.I.P the one and only Champ Muhammed Ali
username2659199
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
Yes, yes it is.
john2054
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
RIP they don't make them like that anymore?!
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Knew who he was but didn't follow his career at all. RIP and all that, but I'm not going to pretend I'm devastated like so many do every time someone remotely famous dies.
Ordo
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
You should feel bad. He is well known.
z33
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Yes - but I knew who he was and thought he was already dead so idk what's worse :lol:
sorry shouldnt laugh
im so disrespectful
greatguy812
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Don't you just hate people who capitalize upon other people's death to promote a message?

Spoiler:
Show
Name:  a1.png
Views: 60
Size:  121.7 KB
Konahagakure
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Did you just suddenly come into existence?
GlassyMarbles
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Don't feel bad at all!

Of course it's sad that such a great person died, but way too much importance is placed on knowing celebrities. The fact that you cried shows how much respect you have for him, perhaps even more than some people that knew of him when he was alive
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I was the same about Michael Jackson so it's not bad...
M14B
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Do not worry about it
abitpissy
Report 5 years ago
I don't know why this offends me .
ihatePE
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
no, there's too many famous people out there, you cant possibly know everyone of them. people who shame others for not knowing seriously are soooo pretentious, like life goes on!
john2054
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
Knew who he was but didn't follow his career at all. RIP and all that, but I'm not going to pretend I'm devastated like so many do every time someone remotely famous dies.
Mohammed Ali wasn't just 'someone remotely famous', him and Bruce Lee were two of the best. They simply don't make them like that anymore?!?
BasicMistake
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
If I'm honest, none of the celebrity deaths this year have particularly resonated with me. I guess I'm saving up my grief for if David Attenborough dies before somebody invents a way of keeping him alive forever.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (128)
65.98%
No (44)
22.68%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
11.34%

Watched Threads