How to cram history

Watch this thread
username2219677
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I left my history aqa medicine gcse to the last minute.. its on monday. how can i cram for it
sanka17
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Pray to God
username2219677
Rep:
(Original post by sanka17)
Pray to God
tried that before it doesnt work
RiahDawson
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by kaldrogo123)
I left my history aqa medicine gcse to the last minute.. its on monday. how can i cram for it
If you were doing well and actually doing your homework and paying attention in lessons throughout the year then you have a chance. Read the revision guide.
Emilia1479
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
lol same here...

I try to read it out loud over and over again, especially the dates
Belmtaie
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
With history you remember more than you think. Have you tried a past paper to identify your weaker areas? Once you identify those, just cram them which is easier than cramming the whole thing. If you want a quicker alternative to doing past papers get a family member to test you on everything and write down the areas you struggled in and learn those.

Read your revision guide at any chance you get ( before you go to sleep, when you're on the toilet, and when you are eating or whatever).
username1934763
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Omg literally same!!! I'm gonna revise a bit today and hardcore tomorrow but I'm a procrastinator and i work better under pressure so ill probably still hopefully get a B.
username1454260
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
yh same. i've just been making flashcards all day. Super boring. In the exam if you have no clue what to write, just write anything that sort of relates, it always gets you marks.
username2219677
Rep:
(Original post by Ella_08)
yh same. i've just been making flashcards all day. Super boring. In the exam if you have no clue what to write, just write anything that sort of relates, it always gets you marks.
Damn, Im sure that would have taken ages. How'd you manage it?
username1454260
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Damn, Im sure that would have taken ages. How'd you manage it?
today has been sh**!!! none of it is in my head still. i don't even know, mainly just with music (i made a thread today and people gave their music suggestions), coffee and tea. I've had breaks tho
Sandtrooper
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Mind maps. Do them from memory to see how much you know.
PATDLOL
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
make a brief mind map on each time period you have to focus on? So cover public health, treatments, causes of disease, famous discoveries etc. and that at least if you know it briefly you can gain some marks in the questions. Also, just remember how to answer the questions so you can gain as many marks as possible.
ihatePE
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
yup, if you've paid attention throughout the year, you know more than you think. look through past papers and find questions you have a hard time answering, look through your books and find the event and learn it
D.SHA64
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
if you have a text book start reading through make condensed notes and jot down key words
or go on bbc bitesize or getrevising there are resources to help you
you still have time to get some revision
practice your timing by doing at least 1 or 2 past papers
get off TSR and start working then mate
undercxver
Badges: 18
Report 6 years ago
Go through the whole specification and select a few topics or sections where you feel like ou may lose marks on. Read this bit quickly and pick out the key points. Try to summarise the key event in three bullet points and memorise that. You'll find the content much quicker to learn since it's condensed.

If you learn visually then it may be good to make a quick time line or a list of dates if you find it necessary to learn them.

Once you've covered all the content and think you should be okay with the content side of things then you should move on to the past paper questions.

What you'd be tested on in your exam is the structure and quality of your essay. So do loads and I mean loads of essay plans and see if you feel confident with that. If you can be able to do that with ease (not checking your book etc.) then you should be okay for the exam.

Btw this whole thing should be a really fast process since it is cramming. Oh and if you have time practise timing yourself if you think timing may be an issue for you in the exam.

If you want more help with how to write an essay or methods to revise then let me know.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (18)
31.03%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.93%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.45%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.17%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.9%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
12.07%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.72%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.72%

Watched Threads