The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
A curse.

You're screwed for life mate.
Reply 2
A blessing because we would have the same birthday!!

JK it's a curse everyone makes fun about me being the baby of college since I'm the youngest in college (out of over 2000 people too!!)
You realise the 31st of August isn't the last date for entry in an academic year? Or at least where I live it isn't, I think it's up until September 4th or something
Original post by A-LJLB
You realise the 31st of August isn't the last date for entry in an academic year? Or at least where I live it isn't, I think it's up until September 4th or something

Really? They keep saying that if I'd popped out 1 day earlier, I'd be in a year above me or something, and vice versa. So hypothetically, in one circumstance, I could have 364 days' worth or more knowledge than my peers, and in another, that much less!

Always baffled me!
Both, both my dear
Reply 6
rubbish!!!! all my friends are 18 without me
you only have a birthday every 4 years... bummer....

wait that is 29th February...
Original post by Genialtropism
Really? They keep saying that if I'd popped out 1 day earlier, I'd be in a year above me or something, and vice versa. So hypothetically, in one circumstance, I could have 364 days' worth or more knowledge than my peers, and in another, that much less!

Always baffled me!

Yeah I'm pretty certain! Hence why summer children are now having schemes put in place for extra help or something
No birthday beats
If you're in school then it's probably a curse as you're the youngest in the year.

They might as well demote you to the year below.......
After your 18th then its a blessing- atm being a 22nd baby is horrible when everyones going out clubbing and you get caught with a fake ID lmao my life
Reply 12
Elaborate...and we're talking from an academic perspective here!

academically, not necessarily. I'm born in august and my primary school consistently told my parents that I would underachieve given my age, and that I should be put into the year below. Yet without being pretentious, I am certainly academically and socially developed to the point where I have achieved russell group uni offers-I'm a girl though, so I don't know about the mental development of boys...
Original post by hsm998
academically, not necessarily. I'm born in august and my primary school consistently told my parents that I would underachieve given my age, and that I should be put into the year below. Yet without being pretentious, I am certainly academically and socially developed to the point where I have achieved russell group uni offers-I'm a girl though, so I don't know about the mental development of boys...

Ah right, I've never really thought of the girl/boy part of it, but I guess it may be a factor. Oh and btw, I'm aspiring for Cambridge :wink:
Original post by Konahagakure
No birthday beats

Haha, got plenty of that beyond the guise of a 'birthday'.
COMPLETE BLESSING!I wish I was born in August or on Feb.
Original post by lulus1
rubbish!!!! all my friends are 18 without me

no!being older is worse.my friends r all younger then me and I have to wait for their b-days.They say I'm gonna die first.:frown:
Reply 17
Original post by tamil fever
no!being older is worse.my friends r all younger then me and I have to wait for their b-days.They say I'm gonna die first.:frown:

haha i guess ill live longer then.. but all my friends bdays are in oct so its a loong wait for me!

Always baffled me!

My best friend deals with the same thing but with three days apart. Thank God she wasn't born three days earlier or I wouldn't have been as close to her compared to now. She was the oldest in our year. The irony is that the girls in the year above who thought they could try to bully and overpower 'youngers' were only a few months older. In fact, most of the them were born in the same year as us, the only difference being the months to which we were born in.

If anything, I wish I was born a year earlier...then I would have been entitled to January resits.
F this new system. My older cousins and sister were all lucky.
A guy I know is born in August his parents moved him down a year so he's the oldest in his year so it doesn't really matter x
But if you're not moved down it can be more difficult x

Latest