Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Theres this girl I like and just as I suddenly became interested in her, my friend asked her if she found me attractive(he didnt know I liked her). At the time I didnt know he was, but I looked at her and she was smiling and I got this amazing feeling and realised I definitely liked her(sorry if this is too cringe worthy). Later my friend told me she found me attractive and I was a 7/10. First off, I find my self very unattractive, and a girl called me 4 one whilst others rated me 6. But this girl, my crush, gave me a 7. Recently I followed her on instagram but she only accepted it and didnt follow me back. I was confused why as she follows more people than the amount of followers she has. Does anyone know why shes doing this? im confused as hell

ReputationRep:
    Cringe

ReputationRep:
    wut lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Theres this girl I like and just as I suddenly became interested in her, my friend asked her if she found me attractive(he didnt know I liked her). At the time I didnt know he was, but I looked at her and she was smiling and I got this amazing feeling and realised I definitely liked her(sorry if this is too cringe worthy). Later my friend told me she found me attractive and I was a 7/10. First off, I find my self very unattractive, and a girl called me 4 one whilst others rated me 6. But this girl, my crush, gave me a 7. Recently I followed her on instagram but she only accepted it and didnt follow me back. I was confused why as she follows more people than the amount of followers she has. Does anyone know why shes doing this? im confused as hell
    she doesn't like you sorry bro

ReputationRep:
    I follow more people than people follow me on twitter, instagram, etc. It doesn't mean anything really. As for you suddenly liking her, I have been there in liking a girl but unless you ask her in person then there is no way to tell if she likes you back. So my advice is become friends with her, get to know her, if you still like her, ask her if the feeling is mutual and then you may end up going out.

OR

Stay single so you can spend your money and time on yourself rather than other people (this is the better option )

(Original post by TartanGibby)
    I follow more people than people follow me on twitter, instagram, etc. It doesn't mean anything really. As for you suddenly liking her, I have been there in liking a girl but unless you ask her in person then there is no way to tell if she likes you back. So my advice is become friends with her, get to know her, if you still like her, ask her if the feeling is mutual and then you may end up going out.

OR

Stay single so you can spend your money and time on yourself rather than other people (this is the better option )
    You say you have been there with liking a girl, did you ask her in person?

ReputationRep:
    You say you have been there with liking a girl, did you ask her in person?
    No, I asked her through facebook during a holiday period so if I got rejected no-one would talk about it when we returned to school.
    She read the message but never responded and nothing really happened.

ReputationRep:
    X
    You think she doesn't like you based on Instagram? I think you're inferring too much from an action she may have not even given a second thought about.

I'm curious, have you ever spoken to the girl?

ReputationRep:
    Like every single one of her photos on IG so she gets the point

ReputationRep:
    ask her directly!

(Original post by flyingpanda)
    You think she doesn't like you based on Instagram? I think you're inferring too much from an action she may have not even given a second thought about.

I'm curious, have you ever spoken to the girl?
    I think thats the problem...Ive only spoken to her twice. Once this year and once 4 years ago....

ask her directly.u might get a good response.good luck

ReputationRep:
    I think thats the problem...Ive only spoken to her twice. Once this year and once 4 years ago....
    Then tbh, I think you need to make an attempt to talk to her.. The chances that you are both secretly like each other, while barely having spoken are slim. But you can make a good impression by talking to her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImagineCats)
    Like every single one of her photos on IG so she gets the point
    No, coz then they screenshot it and post it :/

(Original post by flyingpanda)
    Then tbh, I think you need to make an attempt to talk to her.. The chances that you are both secretly like each other, while barely having spoken are slim. But you can make a good impression by talking to her.
    Thats what I thought, but why would she not follow me back?

ReputationRep:
    Thats what I thought, but why would she not follow me back?
    Maybe she just doesn't like the content on your Instagram.

Logically, it's hardly something to obsess over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bulletzone)
    No, coz then they screenshot it and post it :/
    omg lol

ReputationRep:
    Man up and talk face to face. Internet communication creates expectations that may not have any meaning in real life.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 4, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.