Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Thing's seem very bent in Britain.

German schemes running over our country.

U.S.A with there military facilities located in the UK for spying on European countries, these could present big issues in a WW3 scenario for the UK, most likely nukes landing on the UK.

What to learn from all this?

The UK is far too soft in it's way of dealing with things by letting the secret people of the EU take away some control of the UK and letting the U.S.A take advantage of our country for there collection of data on other countries.

We need to get out the EU and get American bases off our land and not be stomped on by outside regimes!

Some American bases that show in themselves why they need removing:

RAF Menwith Hill, Disguised as a UK base but is mostly run by the U.S.A. Part of the ECHELON program which monitors phone calls and other forms of communication for the U.S.A

RAF Fylingdales, A base which is linked with monitoring of ballistic missiles making it a prime target in a nuclear war.

WE CAN'T KEEP HANDING AWAY OUR KEYS!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Never, worst idea ever man

ReputationRep:
    Eventually, when the EU falls apart, and the USA is declining rapidly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    Never, worst idea ever man
    If Donald Trump get's in power things could go nasty in the UK not just the USA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
    To be replaced by the good old British Empire or China?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    To be replaced by the good old British Empire or China?
    So are you a self-hater? Are you one of those who think we committed unique evils? Are you someone who wants us to shrink in the world?

Just explain your position to me, if this is not the case, because I want to know, genuinely.

ReputationRep:
    I personally want all American Bases out of the UK soil

ReputationRep:
    So are you a self-hater? Are you one of those who think we committed unique evils? Are you someone who wants us to shrink in the world?

Just explain your position to me, if this is not the case, because I want to know, genuinely.
    Why am I a self hater? You suggested that the EU will collapse (it won't) and the USA is in decline (it isn't). So if you are correct what replaces the two economically large unions? I suggested China. Your post and the OP suggest a return to the British Empire.

ReputationRep:
    If America goes down you can be sure as hell theyre taking us with them.

ReputationRep:
    You suggested that the EU will collapse (it won't) and the USA is in decline (it isn't). .
    Watch what climate change does to southern Europe, as if it wasn't in dire enough straits. Do you only judge the EU by Germany or the UK, half of it is a basket case already..how are you going to reconcile that or even prevent it from getting worse?
    This is only good for very few rich people with a big say and I'm amazed so many remains can't see this glaringly obvious fact. And watch what climate change does to Florida, Manhattan and California, plus America is indebted and has third world like ghettoes all over the place, that's without the race problems and guns. Face it they are ****ed. We shouldn't be taken on the worlds' problems, we should make a move for peace, security and our own people's interests, it's about bloody time.

ReputationRep:
    Watch what climate change does to southern Europe, as if it wasn't in dire enough straits. Do you only judge the EU by Germany or the UK, half of it is a basket case already..how are you going to reconcile that or even prevent it from getting worse?
    This is only good for very few rich people with a big say and I'm amazed so many remains can't see this glaringly obvious fact. And watch what climate change does to Florida, Manhattan and California, plus America is indebted and has third world like ghettoes all over the place, that's without the race problems and guns. Face it they are ****ed. We shouldn't be taken on the worlds' problems, we should make a move for peace, security and our own people's interests, it's about bloody time.
    Around 2001 I read Bill Brysons Notes from a Big Country and concluded America was foobarred. It isn't. What you are not giving credit for its that humans are very inventive and resilient in the gave of adversity. So expect to see a wall surrounding Florida and Manhatten if sea levels rise (see Vienna) and expect to see smart irrigation systems popping up in barren lands.

ReputationRep:
    Around 2001 I read Bill Brysons Notes from a Big Country and concluded America was foobarred. It isn't. What you are not giving credit for its that humans are very inventive and resilient in the gave of adversity. So expect to see a wall surrounding Florida and Manhatten if sea levels rise (see Vienna) and expect to see smart irrigation systems popping up in barren lands.
    OK, what about dealing with earthquakes plus climate change in Cali, or the unbearable summer temperatures, well unbearable spring temps by then.

ReputationRep:
    OK, what about dealing with earthquakes plus climate change in Cali, or the unbearable summer temperatures, well unbearable spring temps by then.
    What have earthquakes got to do with the EU referendum? As for hot temperatures. India seems to manage.

ReputationRep:
    What have earthquakes got to do with the EU referendum? As for hot temperatures. India seems to manage.
    Hohoho. Have you seen the last northern Indian record breaking temps.
    You cannot 'manage' with that and more and more of it.

ReputationRep:
    Hohoho. Have you seen the last northern Indian record breaking temps.
    You cannot 'manage' with that and more and more of it.
    Ok. So how does leaving the EU with their binding environmental regulation (that I can see Boris sacking off) going to help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ODES_PDES)
    I personally want all American Bases out of the UK soil
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    Ok. So how does leaving the EU with their binding environmental regulation (that I can see Boris sacking off) going to help?
    You're not getting me, we are a minute share of global emissions, they can't stop climate change anyhow, it's too late and will make very little difference, no-one wil stop consuming or using up the remaining fossil fuels. Being in the EU or not makes zero difference to global climate change.

ReputationRep:
    You're not getting me, we are a minute share of global emissions, they can't stop climate change anyhow, it's too late and will make very little difference, no-one wil stop consuming or using up the remaining fossil fuels. Being in the EU or not makes zero difference to global climate change.
    Says the ostrich with its head in the sand.

ReputationRep:
    You haven't listened to anything I've said. Not one bit. I'm not going to argue after this post if you just willfully ignore what I've said and then say something tangential.
    That doesn't even fall under the definition of an argument. I am the opposite of in denial, I know climate change will be profound. I also know that whether or not the UK is in the EU does not make an iota of difference to it. If this is so misguided, please provide me with a counter argument that makes any sense. I think you'll find there isn't one. If you argue for the benefits of the EU based on fact or philosophy fine, but you can't make stuff up. Give me an explanation, some research, substance and we'll talk about it, climate change and the EU. Otherwise it's just name calling.

ReputationRep:
    There is enough of a concerted green movement in this country to guarantee that we'll maintain our commitment no matter whether we're in the EU or not.

But when there are other countries in the world pumping out billions of tonnes of waste and simply don't care about it, our efforts are largely redundant.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.