Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2 years at Uni and have made no good friends. Got nothing planned all Summer... Watch

ReputationRep:
    So I broke up for the Summer holidays 3 weeks ago and I am currently really bored, and I do not have anything planned for the next 5 months I have off. I have no friends to hang out with. I have spent 2 years at University and have made no good friends. I speak to everyone in my class, and some students in the 3rd year and 1st year, but I would just class them as 'acquaintances', people I speak to in class and thats it.

Last summer was really boring as well and I wont be surprised if this year is the same! A week before I started Uni last year I said to myself that I will attempt to join societies but they were all so boring when I checked them out! , e.g. tea society, anime society, religious societies, gospel society, and many more uninteresting ones.

Any sort of advice would make me feel a bit better lol. Are there other people who dont make any friends or dont find any people with the same interests as them? I also have my family moaning at me to go out..but with who!? This is seriously affecting me physiologically, its making me upset, depressed, bored, angry.. :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mumford & Dragons)
    So I broke up for the Summer holidays 3 weeks ago and I am currently really bored, and I do not have anything planned for the next 5 months I have off. I have no friends to hang out with. I have spent 2 years at University and have made no good friends. I speak to everyone in my class, and some students in the 3rd year and 1st year, but I would just class them as 'acquaintances', people I speak to in class and thats it.

Last summer was really boring as well and I wont be surprised if this year is the same! A week before I started Uni last year I said to myself that I will attempt to join societies but they were all so boring when I checked them out! , e.g. tea society, anime society, religious societies, gospel society, and many more uninteresting ones.

Any sort of advice would make me feel a bit better lol. Are there other people who dont make any friends or dont find any people with the same interests as them? I also have my family moaning at me to go out..but with who!? This is seriously affecting me physiologically, its making me upset, depressed, bored, angry.. :bawling:
    Get a job or some work experience? A degree on its own is nowhere near enough to get a job post uni unless it includes placements as part of the course e.g. primary teaching or healthcare

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    Get a job or some work experience? A degree on its own is nowhere near enough to get a job post uni unless it includes placements as part of the course e.g. primary teaching or healthcare
    Ye I am currently trying to apply to places, I Volunteer somewhere 1 day a week somewhere as well. :/

ReputationRep:
    Hiya which uni are you at???? I'm same😩

ReputationRep:
    Get yourself down to a charity shop asap. You need work experience if you want to stand a chance of getting a job after you graduate, and most people on your course will currently be doing internships, so you need to do a lot of catching up in order to be on their level.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.