Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi Im about to enter my second year of my degree. Im living at home in london.
    I reapplied for student finance as my parents are divorced and I no longer get financial help from my father. My mother is on a very low income right now (10-15k a year) and therefore I got her to support my application for a maintenance grant.

She submitted her details and my application told me my payments had been scheduled and I was given a grant of 3k. However, a week later, my entitled summary has updated to a new assessment, taking away the whole grant and giving me the minimum loan! I thought I would atleast get a bit extra for a loan, but I only have a 3k loan scheduled.

Do any of you know why this may be? I don't think its to do with me living at home because I think the grant is open anyone? Im going to call them tomorrow but any advice much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    also last year I didn't get application support so no grant. Could this be the reason? my course started in 15/16 so I don't think the new rules apply to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natashadesigner)
    also last year I didn't get application support so no grant. Could this be the reason? my course started in 15/16 so I don't think the new rules apply to me.
    Just sounds like someone at SF has misinterpreted your situation. Call them on Monday - you should be able to explain and have them sort it out.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.