Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, is anyone else struggling with what and how to revise for monday's Media Studies exam? Does anyone have any suggestions on what to revise and good websites?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm struggling too. One thing that's important to do is memorise several different trailers for several different themes. E.g. memorise The Hunger Games & The Homesman for gender, or Pan & The Lady in the Van for age, or Invictus & 9/11 World Trade Centre for nationality, and Pride & Straight Outta Compton for cultural/ethnicity questions... that sort of thing, so you're not stumped when a 'talk about how age is represented in two trailers'. Also use general trailers (the three I think I'll use are The World's End, Jurassic World and The Hunger Games) for stuff about narrative etc.

Make sure you know your camera angles. And it goes without saying: terminology. Unfortunately that's where you get your marks. I dropped about five marks on my mock because I just completely forgot about key words etc.

Also, for section B, make up a poster for every genre, right now. Think of different designs, names, plots, taglines, etc. So when you get into the exam and you see 'design a sci-fi poster' you can just write down the poster you did for 'Aliens Gone Wild' or whatever.

Practise answers! Especially for industry & organisation. Memorise all the theories. You get marks for theories. So you can just shove in a Maslow's need or whatever when you want.

Good luck! x

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! this has helped me a lot, good luck as well! x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.