Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

Just wanted to start a thread for those who have been offered a place for Nursing in September. I have applied for Children's Nursing and confirmed it as my first choice.

I'm also curious if anyone knows of an officialKingston university Nursing group on Facebook or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bertieapple)
    Hey!

Just wanted to start a thread for those who have been offered a place for Nursing in September. I have applied for Children's Nursing and confirmed it as my first choice.

I'm also curious if anyone knows of an officialKingston university Nursing group on Facebook or something?
    Hi! I've been offered a place to do children's nursing too! I've also firmed it.
    I really want to go but they've offered me a conditional place on the basis i get a B in my psychology retakes. Unfortunately, I've had a bit of a **** year so far and so that's just not going to happen.
    All i can do is hope and beg on results day!
    What about you? Are you doing your A-levels now or are you also on a gap year?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by alice97)
    Hi! I've been offered a place to do children's nursing too! I've also firmed it.
    I really want to go but they've offered me a conditional place on the basis i get a B in my psychology retakes. Unfortunately, I've had a bit of a **** year so far and so that's just not going to happen.
    All i can do is hope and beg on results day!
    What about you? Are you doing your A-levels now or are you also on a gap year?
    Good luck! I hope everything goes to plan but if not remember to contact the clearing team I am sure they'll be able to sort it out!

Emily
    Student ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I applied for children's nursing and got an offer which I have firmed. Can't wait to start but as a mature student with kids, I'm a bit worried whether I will manage it all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bertieapple)
    Hey!

Hi
    Try the Nursing Society at:
    https://www.facebook.com/KUNursingso...10392975667970

or their society webpage
    http://kusu.unioncloud.org/groups/ki...ursing-society

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have a child nursing interview Friday for Kingston, any chance you could give me a heads up on what to expect? Thanks xx

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Do look at the sample test papers you have been sent and practice them. There is not a lot you can do to prepare for the multiple mini interviews (have you bought any books on getting into nursing as some help on this aspect?), but do think through why you want to be a children's nurse, read up on what children's nursing is and what it involves (much of the care of children takes place at home not in hospitals which is often a surprise for some students). Think about what skills you have and what examples you have that show how you have demonstrated them. e.g. don't just say I am very committed instead give an example which shows how you have demonstrated commitment! But most of all just be yourself and try to enjoy the day. Remember it is chance to see if you like us as much as it is us deciding if you are right for our course!
    Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I've looked at the past paper, and it mentions an essay? What sort of topics could it be?x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loloxx)
    Hi, I have a child nursing interview Friday for Kingston, any chance you could give me a heads up on what to expect? Thanks xx
    Hi, how was your accessment and interview with Kingston uni? What sort of essay question where you asked to write? Please, a hint would be greatly appreciated. I am so nervous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loloxx)
    Hi,
    how was your assessment and interview with Kingston uni? What sort of essay question where you asked to write? Please, a hint would be greatly appreciated. I am so nervous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starmike)
    Hi,
    how was your assessment and interview with Kingston uni? What sort of essay question where you asked to write? Please, a hint would be greatly appreciated. I am so nervous.
    Hi
    please do not be nervous, it is a simple essay and nothing you wouldn't expect.
    See here.
    http://www.healthcare.ac.uk/courses/...istered-nurse/

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I have an interview for child nursing on the 10th may and was just wondering if anyone had any advice etc?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.