Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What will you do differently? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've just finished my second year and I'll be going into my final year of university. Whether you are at GCSE moving to AS levels, or A - levels moving into university, what are you going to do differently next year?

Academic or non Academic.

For me, I've compiled a list:

-Go to the library more. It used to bug me when everybody just lives in the library with the excuse of 'I don't do any work at home'. I'm going to give it a try though.

-Be more productive in my lectures - rather than just sit and write basic notes, I'm going to write good notes that I will use later on. I have a terrible habit of throwing away my crappy lecture notes or just not bothering to write in the first place.

-Go to the gym more and eat healthily. A healthy body will assist with a healthy mind.

-Be more sociable. All my friends have now left university. I am the last one remaining. Next year I'm moving into halls for post-grads/mature students/young professionals. I'm going to be more social, I am a people person and whilst I enjoy my own company, I get bored quickly..

-Maybe try and meet a nice lady. Why the **** not.

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    -Waste less time on here (i say this every week)
    -Spread projects out over the time period given, as opposed to rushing at the end (i say this every year)

Would just try to be a generally nicer person

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    -Waste less time on here (i say this every week)
    -Spread projects out over the time period given, as opposed to rushing at the end (i say this every year)
    What do you study?

(Original post by Salamandastron)
    Would just try to be a generally nicer person
    In what way? Are you not very nice? :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    What do you study?
    Computer Games Programming. So a lot of my course is coding projects and I'm awful with time management :lol:

In what way? Are you not very nice? :afraid:
    I've just said things i regret to some people who are now dead so that is what i would change I endeavour to be nice now but it is too late sometimes :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    Computer Games Programming. So a lot of my course is coding projects and I'm awful with time management :lol:
    Sweet. I used to make things on Autodesk Maya and 3DS Max, as well as an early version of Blender. I didn't pursue it because I wasn't artsy enough, nor that passionate about gaming..

Do you use Unity at all?

ReputationRep:
    V vague but gonna try and focus a little less on keeping everyone around me happy and commit to doing certain things my own way.

..Whilst still trying to accommodate for others.

I think.

Idk.

I just hate letting others down. :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Sweet. I used to make things on Autodesk Maya and 3DS Max, as well as an early version of Blender. I didn't pursue it because I wasn't artsy enough, nor that passionate about gaming..

Do you use Unity at all?
    Yep, we have an entire module around Unity actually :yep:
    Not heard of the others, I've just finished my first year which has mostly been around getting everyone on the same page with some languages (mainly C++ and C#) as well as some Maths.
    We have more exposure to engines in our second and third years.
    I'm not artsy at all in the conventional sense. I can't draw sprites or animate very well. But my course is more the programming side thankfully.

ReputationRep:
    -try not panic at sixth form, just because I'm going alone, it doesn't necessarily mean I'm going to die.
    -be more organised
    -be more efficient
    -be more "on time", (stick to deadlines)
    -drink more water
    -try to filter your thoughts before you speak
    -stay on top of work
    -be less PHWOOARGGHH on the internet (i need to get a grip)
    -tone down on my weird state of being, you may freak new people out
    -be more sociable, start conversations (ha. one can try, i guess)
    -eat fruit and veggies! \(^.^)/ bc you'll live longer, maybe
    -stop lying compulsively, you little asterisk-asterisk-asterisk-asteroid
    -keep in touch with people
    -stop getting emotionally attached to fictional characters once the book/film/drama is over (because that's when you know you're insane)
    -stop panicking in crowds, shops, even the damn cinema queue for crying out loud, I will resolve to panic less without rational explanation- again, get a grip

ReputationRep:
    I've just finished my second year and I'll be going into my final year of university. Whether you are at GCSE moving to AS levels, or A - levels moving into university, what are you going to do differently next year?

Academic or non Academic.

For me, I've compiled a list:

-Go to the library more. It used to bug me when everybody just lives in the library with the excuse of 'I don't do any work at home'. I'm going to give it a try though.

-Be more productive in my lectures - rather than just sit and write basic notes, I'm going to write good notes that I will use later on. I have a terrible habit of throwing away my crappy lecture notes or just not bothering to write in the first place.

-Go to the gym more and eat healthily. A healthy body will assist with a healthy mind.

-Be more sociable. All my friends have now left university. I am the last one remaining. Next year I'm moving into halls for post-grads/mature students/young professionals. I'm going to be more social, I am a people person and whilst I enjoy my own company, I get bored quickly..

-Maybe try and meet a nice lady. Why the **** not.

What about you?
    par the lectures bit i'd agree with yours my addition would be to spend time working and looking at stuff for work not for play all the time

ReputationRep:
    I will have to:
    Learn how to cook and eat healthy food
    make new close friends for the first time in 7 years
    be less lazy and quit tsr
    actually pay attention in class/lectures
    find a gym partner
    go to bed earlier

ReputationRep:
    Eat properly and stay fit.

Have a good sleeping routine.

Try not to let little things get to me.

Get over a couple of things.

Be more organised.

Stay focused.

Stop panicking about stupid things.

Do more to make myself happy.

Stop thinking about doing things that would do any good.

Stay away from people who have no positive impact in my life.

In general I want to be more content with life.

ReputationRep:
    I probably should be more "respectful." I've burnt so many bridges in my professional and academic life but. Whatever.

ReputationRep:
    Academic
    Do well in my internals in bio and chem
    Perform well in my accounting interviews for the Big 6 firms

Non Academic
    Get some bboy powermoves going like windmills and perfect swipes
    Work on flips parkour-sideflip and aerial and webster esp
    Perfect gymnastics moves-handsprings/hold handstand longer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoda123)
    I will have to:
    Learn how to cook and eat healthy food
    make new close friends for the first time in 7 years
    be less lazy and quit tsr
    actually pay attention in class/lectures
    find a gym partner
    go to bed earlier

ReputationRep:
    More creative projects in my free time :cute:

I need to get drawing more and am thinking about putting together a cosplay for MCM in October :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    I will:
    - Keep the laptop aside when studying, no excuses
    - Appreciate certain individuals
    - Try to keep calm, and control my anxiety at all times
    - Come in terms with my health issues
    - Not postpone anything
    - Stay organised and positive

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.