Will I fail my subjects when I did badly in A level while I had a average AS score?

Watch
DemiHMT
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I got a B in my sociology AS level and a C in Economics AS level, unfortunately I failed my English Literature...
I'm not able to finish one of my essays in sociology A Level which is 16 marks and not confident in other essays as well...Will I be failed in the final result?
Same as above, what is the lowest grade that I should have in my A level paper to get my final result passed?
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by DemiHMT)
I got a B in my sociology AS level and a C in Economics AS level, unfortunately I failed my English Literature...
I'm not able to finish one of my essays in sociology A Level which is 16 marks and not confident in other essays as well...Will I be failed in the final result?
Same as above, what is the lowest grade that I should have in my A level paper to get my final result passed?
If you got a B at AS then you scored at least 140/200 UMS. To pass the whole A level you need to score at least 160/400 overall, so if you can manage to scrape 20/200 at A2 (less if it was a high B) you will get an E.
Similarly, for Economics, you have at least 120/200 overall, get another 40 and you will have an E at A level.
DemiHMT
Rep:
?
Hi Compost, I got 73 in my sociology and 61in my econs...
Sry I'm a bit confused about the 20/200,could u pls explain further to me?😅
DemiHMT
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
If you got a B at AS then you scored at least 140/200 UMS. To pass the whole A level you need to score at least 160/400 overall, so if you can manage to scrape 20/200 at A2 (less if it was a high B) you will get an E.
Similarly, for Economics, you have at least 120/200 overall, get another 40 and you will have an E at A level.
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Which exam board are you taking? (If it's CIE it is different to the rest and I can't help you.)
DemiHMT
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
Which exam board are you taking? (If it's CIE it is different to the rest and I can't help you.)
Well...It's CIE indeed...
But does that stand out from other exam boards?
It's AQA,am I right?
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well...It's CIE indeed...
But does that stand out from other exam boards?
It's AQA,am I right?
The domestic exam boards (AQA, CCEA, Edexcel, OCR & WJEC) all have common regulations and have to comply with rules laid down by the UK government. CIE is the international exam board of Cambridge Assessment (OCR is its domestic equivalent) and is not bound by the same rules. It's a perfectly legitimate and well regarded exam board, it just doesn't have to follow the same pattern that domestic ones do.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads