Is my girlfriend pregnant??

Announcements Posted on
TSR looking different to you this week? Find out why here. 02-12-2016

My girlfriend is on the pill, not sure of the exact one but i know its the one where you can delay periods.She delayed her last period by continuing to take the pill, and recently she has stopped taking it so she can have her period, and is due to start taking them again on 8th july. She has not missed a pill, but was slightly late on one occasion. Since she has come off the pill, she experienced pains for about 2 days, but no period. This has me worried, does it mean she is pregnant??

ReputationRep:
    take her to doctor to find out mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My girlfriend is on the pill, not sure of the exact one but i know its the one where you can delay periods.She delayed her last period by continuing to take the pill, and recently she has stopped taking it so she can have her period, and is due to start taking them again on 8th july. She has not missed a pill, but was slightly late on one occasion. Since she has come off the pill, she experienced pains for about 2 days, but no period. This has me worried, does it mean she is pregnant??

It could mean nothing, i get pains all the time and i am still a virgin. I also get late periods by a week. It all depends on your girlfriend and her cycle before she took the pill.

I would go to see the doctor though or take a pregnancy test.

ReputationRep:
    You know what tells you if she's pregnant (other than an internet forum, ofc)? .... A pregnancy test. Maybe she should try one if you're both worried.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Other than that, I'm no help. From the information you've given, I gots no idea, mate. But being late on the pill does decrease its effectiveness as a contraceptive. At this point, it seems too early to tell if she's pregnant.

It might be best to wear a condom too, to double up on protection, and decrease chances of pregnancy even more.

(Original post by autumnjadexx)
    It could mean nothing, i get pains all the time and i am still a virgin. I also get late periods by a week. It all depends on your girlfriend and her cycle before she took the pill.

Yeah ive read that because she carried on taking the pill instead of having her period, the lining is much thicker and thats what the cramps are - the breaking down of the lining, not because she is pregnant. I dont understand these terms haha i just hope thats the case.

ReputationRep:
    If you muck about with a woman's cycle (by taking the pill continuously) then the body will try and readjust, possibly with something like a heavy period. Minor aches and tweaky pains mean nothing - and the are certainly NOT a symptom of pregnancy!

(Original post by autumnjadexx)

Yeah the reason she hasn't done a test yet is because she is waiting until the 8th july, when her next period is due.

(Original post by returnmigrant)
    If you muck about with a woman's cycle (by taking the pill continuously) then the body will try and readjust, possibly with something like a heavy period. Minor aches and tweaky pains mean nothing - and the are certainly NOT a symptom of pregnancy!

Thank ****ing christ. This made me happy. Bless you and your soul.

ReputationRep:
    totally normal side effect of the pill, it can really mess up your cycle! Nothing to worry about

ReputationRep:
    It can be little side-effect of pill. You must consult to doctor for this...

Updated: July 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.