Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I'm gonna be applying for my first passport in the next few weeks and I was wondering if a Software Developer is an appropriate job to counter sign my passport for me? If not do you think my college tutor could sign it or would I need to know him outside of college?


    Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

    Community Assistant
    Should be fine; you don't need to know the person professionally; as long as there not a family member or living at the same address as you and you've known them for at least 2 years they should be able to countersign. I'm getting a friend to do my one.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    You can find a list on the .gov.uk website. It has to be someone you know personally for at least 2 years, who you're not related to.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.