Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi, in February I noticed my girlfriend's attitude towards me had shifted slightly. She wasn't so intimate/romantic. She'd deny my kisses if we were visible to other people. She'd rarely say 'I love you', and if she did, it would be in reply to me saying it to her and she's say it really fast and without any emotion. She started to become really protective over her phone, iPad, laptop etc. Wouldn't let me touch them unless she could see what I was doing. (These are just a couple of examples of her change in attitude towards me.)
    I guess I knew something was up, but I thought it was perhaps because she was stressed with uni work and other things. We're both at different universities (about an hour away from each other), we see each other maybe once or twice during the week and most weekends too. I started to question things when I noticed that the tube of lube we use had reduced in size quite a bit and there were some condoms missing. I mentioned it to her and she casually disregarded my remark, saying that there are no condoms missing and the lube was exactly the same. But I wasn't convinced. One evening whilst she was having a shower I managed to get into her phone (she had changed her password but I managed to catch her entering it when she didn't realise I was looking). I went through her messages, FB, Twitter and Instagram and couldn't find anything unusual. I went into her pictures and still, nothing. But that's when I saw there were a significant amount of photos in her 'deleted' album. I clicked into it and my thoughts/doubts had been assured. Without going into too much detail there were pictures and videos of her having sex with another guy, and sure enough he was wearing the condoms which I purchased (which made me feel completely sick). I have no idea who the guy is, I went through her Facebook to see if I could find him, but no luck.
    I put the phone back to where I found it and acted as if nothing had happened.
    I still haven't told her (this all happened last weekend). I don't want to tell her, because I want her to tell me, and I feel like I now have the upper hand. But I can't pretend that I don't know forever.
    I adore her to pieces, and I think I'm trying to convince myself that it's all going to some how be ok, as if it's all been a dream (or more like nightmare).

What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely leave her a leopard doesn't change it's spots.

ReputationRep:
    leave her asap

Going through her phone is a complete invasion of privacy why didnt you just talk to her about it!??? Okay anyway mate you need to just say that you know its going on - i highly suggest not telling her about going through her phone cos she'll be pissed. I think you need to decide wether the relationship is worth saving or not

ReputationRep:
    I'd leave

ReputationRep:
    I get it is very difficult for you to be in this situation since you love her, but do you really want to be with someone who has so little respect in you? She does not seem willing to admit what happened since when you asked her she just shrugged it off. You could try something more direct like "I need you to tell me the truth, have you cheated on me". If she continues lying then I guess you just have to let her know you know. From then on I suppose it depends on your conversation, her explanation and how willing you are to forgive her.

But you sound young, and there is so many opportunities to meet new people at your university, and fully experience university life in a way that you couldn't possibly do while faithful to a person leaving so far away.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Although you love her, she is hurting you and has no cheek to even tell you. If she cared for you, she woulda admitted it and told you, if she even loved you she wouldn't have done it in the first place.
    If she really loves you why is she cheating with this other bloke? why is she having sex with someone else if she is in a relationship with you? She is hurting you and she knows it, yet she thinks you are kinda oblivious to it tbh.

Tbh, I would confront her, see her reaction, i doubt she will be all that emotional or devastated, look at what she did, lil *****, and then leave her, so she knows that she isn't worthy of a great person like you. Her mistakes or actions define her and they are defining her as not loyal and careless and she is accountable for her actions.

And her actions are going to have consequences like, you will end up thinking twice about everything she says and does and then is it really worth being with her. IS it worth being with her if you have to think twice and constantly be on edge about her? Always being like 'is she doing this?' its going to make you paranoid and make you upset. So i suggest you leave her for now or until she grows up and isnt soo immature.

She makes me sick tbh, sorry but thats disgusting of her to do to you. Like its wrong and how bluntly she can lie to your face about it, thats disgusts me even more.

Sorry is i come across as harsh but she is totally in the wrong and isnt worthy of you

ReputationRep:
    What phone she got that you can see her deleted album??????
    She isn't into you anymore and i wouldn't be able to trust her ever again if i were you so why not just talk to her and say you feel you are both drifting apart if you don't want to mention her cheating. You can find other girls at uni.

ReputationRep:
    Run!!!!

ReputationRep:
    She doesn't love you. She only "loved" you for as long as you were of use to her. The lass is dishonorable, and I doubt that you're the only lad she cheated on.

I hope you left her for your sake and got over this cow. She's a nasty piece of work.

ReputationRep:
    If I were EU, 52% of me would want to LEAVE her

ReputationRep:
    Well one thing's for sure, she doesn't respect you. Leave!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boondock Saint)
    Well one thing's for sure, she doesn't respect you. Leave!
    Seeing as this is from 4 weeks ago, he likely did.

We hope to have an update, OP!

ReputationRep:
    I felt sick reading that, DUMP THE SLOOT!

ReputationRep:
    I know this is an old thread but how did you know it was your condom? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legendary Quest)
    I know this is an old thread but how did you know it was your condom? :curious:
    He noticed the ones he bought had declined in number... and the video of the one she was shagging with one on
    But op, if they stop saying they love you ect, they don't love you=shagging someone else

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 9, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.