Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Would you recommend that I start making notes for Biology in the summer holidays. This year in AS we didn't finish the spec so I had to learn it myself anyway. It's just because biology has a lot of content.

ReputationRep:
    I don't do biology as but for a levels would you recommend writing notes in the year 11 summer? Before learnt content

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurencacti)
    I don't do biology as but for a levels would you recommend writing notes in the year 11 summer? Before learnt content
    I did Maths and FM, Chemistry and Biology. Not for maths, FM or Chemistry as the content as quite small.

I don't know about other subjects but apparently the content is history is quite large

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    I did Maths and FM, Chemistry and Biology. Not for maths, FM or Chemistry as the content as quite small.

I don't know about other subjects but apparently the content is history is quite large
    Oh right, thank you for the bigger content subjects I may do that then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    Would you recommend that I start making notes for Biology in the summer holidays. This year in AS we didn't finish the spec so I had to learn it myself anyway. It's just because biology has a lot of content.
    I would say its unnecessary and whole point of summer is to relax and not worry about exams and work.

ReputationRep:
    Just do it over the school weeks, use your holiday to relax.

Just relax, honestly, no point in getting ahead. Maybe read over a revision guide once but don't go OTT :erm:

ReputationRep:
    I think as a levels now you have to re do this years content in an exam next year would b better to rewrite or revise notes from this year and make them new

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes! Definitely.If you do this then going over it in class will be like revision, therefore solidifying the content in your mind, so it will be easier to remember for the exam and you will have to make fewer revision notes. It may also help to do revision on the previous years content to keep it fresh in your mind. I am certainly going to do this in the summer for all of my subjects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurencacti)
    im gonna make notes in summer for year 12

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.