Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Horror as Christian grocer hacked to death in suspected attack by Islamic extremists Watch

ReputationRep:
    The attack comes amid a host of aggression against religious minorities by secular activists in Muslim-majority Bangladesh.

The 65-year-old was killed in the village of Bonpara, home to the oldest Christian communities on the island state.

Shafiqul Islam, deputy police chief of the surrounding Natore district, said: "Sunil Gomes was hacked to death at his grocery store just near a church at Bonpara village.”

It comes just hours after the wife of a top anti-terror police officer was brutally murdered in the city of Chittagong by suspected members of a banned extremist group.

Read More:
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...mic-extremists

ReputationRep:
    Chittagong... :rofl:

Sorry.

R.I.P Sunil Gomes :rip:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhiteMan16)
    The attack comes amid a host of aggression against religious minorities by secular activists in Muslim-majority Bangladesh.
    Did it really?

(Original post by Jebedee)
    Did it really?
    He's joking... Bangladesh is only ever in the news for secular bloggers being hacked to death by Islamist crowds

ReputationRep:
    Several attacks in Bangladesh recently if my memory serves me well

ReputationRep:
    religion is supposed to be about leading better lives.

(Original post by ODES_PDES)
    Several attacks in Bangladesh recently if my memory serves me well
    Several? Hardly a week goes by without another person hacked to death by a baying crowd. Its worse than Pakistan - perhaps because Pakistan lacks secular bloggers to hack to death in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    This is sadly normal for the type of persecution Christians face globally

TSR no longer has the quality of debates it used to

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.