The Student Room Group

Something weird i found out today..

About a year ago i got my GCSE result for maths on results day which was an A. Then today as i was clearing out a folder i noticed that in my certificate it stated that i got a C. Is there something wrong? Will i get in trouble because im nearly finishing AS level and i needed a B to get in AS maths. Should i tell my teacher?
The certificate could be wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
I always thought that the results on your certificate are 100% definitive and verified whereas the one you get in August aren't and subject to change? E.g. if they find out they messed up your marking or something?
Reply 3
I don't think you'd get in trouble. The grade B requirement is merely there to select students who apparently will not struggle to take the subject at AS level. With a C grade one could work equally hard, or struggle the same as someone who achieved a B. it is kind of subjective. people mess up on exams or do unexpectedly well all the time.

it's strange that your certificate has a different grade. On the original paper given on results day the total marks should be visible. So if you still have that, or ask school for it, you should be able to work out your grade using the grade boundaries. Perhaps the certificate has an error.
Reply 4
Is there any way i can contact them?
Reply 5
Original post by MarcoCosta
About a year ago i got my GCSE result for maths on results day which was an A. Then today as i was clearing out a folder i noticed that in my certificate it stated that i got a C. Is there something wrong? Will i get in trouble because im nearly finishing AS level and i needed a B to get in AS maths. Should i tell my teacher?

Contact the exams officer at the centre where you took the GCSE to find out what really happened with your GCSE..

(Don't worry about AS - if you've kept up this far they aren't going to mind what GCSE you got).

Quick Reply

Latest