The Student Room Group

Overcoming the fear of rejection

I have recently turned 18 and I have found out I have a fear of being rejected ever since I have started to go clubbing. I have only been 3 times so far however each time I have tried/ had chances to 'pull' a girl only to be left frozen when I tell myself to make a move. I have had relationships with girls in the past but I never had to physically make the first move as the relationships just kind of came together if that makes sense. I also have managed to pull without making the first move at parties.

Basically, I have no knowledge in how to make the first move and I am scared of getting rejected.

Is there any advice or tips I can have?
How do you try pulling them? It might be easier to give you advice if I know how you approach it :smile:
Its more about reading signals rather than actually making the move if you catch my drift.

For me, if I was to try and get a girl in a club I'd make sure she seems interested in me before doing anything, so if she was I'd make a move but if she wasnt I'd back off and move on, saving myself the embarrassment of rejection.

See if she is interested in you, talking to you, wanting to dance, being physical with you e.t.c If she is then go for it, maybe dance with her for the night, offer to walk her home then go in for a kiss or something?
I've never really been clubbing or had many relationships so for me that would be the best tactic.

In terms of being the one showing interest do the same, dance with her, talk to her, maybe be a little bit physical but not too much as you dont want to brand yourself as a touchy creep :biggrin:

Good luck!

Quick Reply