The Student Room Group

GCSE Certificates

Last year, I did GCSE maths early and this year I am doing all my other GCSEs. I got my results slip (with the grades and % on), but not a certificate. Do they still give out certificates or do you just get the results slip? If so, will they give me the certificate this year? (I didn't go into school, I won't go in this years either as I am away, so am getting my grades emailed to me-does this affect it?)
You need to take it up with your school.
Reply 2
Original post by IssyCon
Last year, I did GCSE maths early and this year I am doing all my other GCSEs. I got my results slip (with the grades and % on), but not a certificate. Do they still give out certificates or do you just get the results slip? If so, will they give me the certificate this year? (I didn't go into school, I won't go in this years either as I am away, so am getting my grades emailed to me-does this affect it?)

It depends on the school. Some school issue certificates as they arrive and some issue them all together in the November/December after you have taken your GCSEs. Your attendance at school on Results Day is irrelevant as the certificates aren't sent to the school until the end of October.
I did 3 GCSEs in Year 10 and we will get certificates for everything after we have got all of our results. Your school might just be holding on to it.
Reply 4
Thank you. They may just intend to give them out on this results day. I will ask them.
I did GCSEs in year 9, 10 and 11. Our school held onto them all till a few months after results day then we had to go back and collect them. Your school may be doing something similar.
Reply 6
Thank you again.I will wait and see what happens.
If you have an awards day or something, they may give you them with everything else.
Yeah ask your school

Quick Reply

Latest