Turn on thread page Beta

5 portions of fruit and veg a day watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I get about 8 portions a day, others I get 2-3, will this equal out to 5?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Sometimes I get about 8 portions a day, others I get 2-3, will this equal out to 5?
    yea thats fine, ive not eaten a piece of fruit for about a month

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by horrorboy)
    :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by horrorboy)

you may not live another month

ReputationRep:
    why do I smile
    at people who I'd much rather kick in the eye

you're sig is completely wrong

ReputationRep:
    You should eat your fruit, they help your body fight dieseses like cancer and more minor ones.

The doctors say 5 a day. I think I ma on that target, but the doctors don't say drink 1 litre of Pepsi max a day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Paul Jones)
    why do I smile

I thought that too, but I think he meant it to be hence the ""

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, as long as you don't eat 2-3 more often than you eat about 8.

ReputationRep:
    why do I smile

Its two songs mixed in one, I know it should *I will* but since when I have been able to write a sentance?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that shud be ok.

I have about 1 a day, and that wud be a glass of orange juice...addicted to the stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Its so songs mixed in one, I know it should *I will* but since when I have been able to write a sentance?

hahahaha - is it an amalgamation of 'Heaven Knows...' and 'Ask' ??

ReputationRep:
    I should eat much more fruit/veg than i do. I should also drink more water.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    Yeah, as long as you don't eat 2-3 more often than you eat about 8.
    Thats a good point actually, it depends what I have for dinner, some times it can be typical northen fish and chips, other times its mash potoes, new potatoes, carrots, unions, pees, brococli so it can be very healthy. I try and drink a bit of apple juice, orange and pineapple juice each day too.

For Gods sake, you won't die because you don't eat enough fruit. I eat about 30 pieces of fruit a day, it makes up for me hating vegetables. You'll be fine AT, don't you worry.

ReputationRep:
    hahahaha - is it an amalgamation of 'Heaven Knows...' and 'Ask' ??
    The second song is "Still Ill" I think, the Iron Brige Morrisey refers to in that song is only 15/20 minutes walk away from me.

ReputationRep:
    Thats a good point actually, it depends what I have for dinner, some times it can be typical northen fish and chips, other times its mash potoes, new potatoes, carrots, unions, pees, brococli so it can be very healthy. I try and drink a bit of apple juice, orange and pineapple juice each day too.
    But remember, a glass of fruit juice can only be counted as a portion once in the day. So if you drink 5 glasses it doesn't count as the 5 portions etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieshaxxx)
    But remember, a glass of fruit juice can only be counted as a portion once in the day. So if you drink 5 glasses it doesn't count as the 5 portions etc...
    Yeah but I thought that was for each type. So 5 glasses of orange juice and 5 glasses of apple juice will be 2 portions right? PS I don't drink that much and I know that would be highly accidic/sugary if I did.

Phew, all this fruit talk has made me want some blackjacks and strongbow. That's a combination i much prefer to any 5 pieces of fruit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieshaxxx)
    At least the nanny state has got through to someone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Phew, all this fruit talk has made me want some blackjacks and strongbow. That's a combination i much prefer to any 5 pieces of fruit.

toffee apples

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.