The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

tis_me_lord
Phew, all this fruit talk has made me want some blackjacks and strongbow. That's a combination i much prefer to any 5 pieces of fruit.

it's illegal for you to drink alcohol
Reply 21
amazingtrade
Yeah but I thought that was for each type. So 5 glasses of orange juice and 5 glasses of apple juice will be 2 portions right? PS I don't drink that much and I know that would be highly accidic/sugary if I did.

No I think just 1 glass of any fruit juice a day counts as the portion. I don't think it works as another portion if you have a different fruit juice.
eddiedaboss
toffee apples

Oh yes, they're nice actually, and obviously immensely good for you, it is fruit - afterall.
Reply 23
Great melons, great bunch of cocnuts, a banana, a cucumber and a set of apples.

That's a good five portions of fruit and veg there.
Reply 24
timeofyourlife
At least the nanny state has got through to someone!

Lol :rolleyes:
John Paul Jones
it's illegal for you to drink alcohol

Only a little bit, please?
Reply 26
kieshaxxx
No I think just 1 glass of any fruit juice a day counts as the portion. I don't think it works as another portion if you have a different fruit juice.

So what would 5 portions of fruit and veg typical consist of then?
Reply 27
amazingtrade
Yeah but I thought that was for each type. So 5 glasses of orange juice and 5 glasses of apple juice will be 2 portions right? PS I don't drink that much and I know that would be highly accidic/sugary if I did.

That's correct.

The requirement is 5 DIFFERENT portions of fruit and veg.
Reply 28
apparently, research funded by rowntrees has come to the conclusion that Rowntree fruit gums can be classified as fruit and therefore contributes to the recommended 5 portions a day
Reply 29
amazingtrade
So what would 5 portions of fruit and veg typical consist of then?

Um I dunno exactly. If you look on the fruit/veg packaging it will say how much is counted as a portion - well it does on mine anyway.
tis_me_lord
Only a little bit, please?

maybe, but if you become merry - i'll have to report you
Reply 31
eddiedaboss
apparently, research funded by rowntrees has come to the conclusion that Rowntree fruit gums can be classified as fruit and therefore contributes to the recommended 5 portions a day

No bias there then.
eddiedaboss

That just stinks of bribery.
John Paul Jones
maybe, but if you become merry - i'll have to report you

lol, it's a deal, i shall remain as dull as a sloth.
Reply 34
tis_me_lord
That just stinks of bribery.

well i'm certaintly not going to question its authenticy!

lol
Reply 35
There is no way Rowntree's can make that claim though surely. Their stuff contains so much chemicals they would do more harm that good.

Don't get me wrong I a not a healty eating fanatic, I am Greggs Suasage Roll fan!
Reply 36
amazingtrade
Don't get me wrong I a not a healty eating fanatic, I am Greggs Suasage Roll fan!

"Is my spelling really bad?"

There are 4 spelling mistakes just in that sentence! :biggrin:
amazingtrade
I am Greggs Suasage Roll fan!

I always suspected that
Reply 38
theaman
"Is my spelling really bad?"

There are 4 spelling mistakes just in that sentence! :biggrin:

I am tried and very sliipy, I never function properly at this time of night.
Reply 39
John Paul Jones
I always suspected that

How?

Latest

Trending

Trending