The Student Room Group

ISIS publicly burns alive 19 Kurdish women for rejecting sex slavery

Scroll to see replies

Rilijun ov peese

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 101
Original post by Themini

If Muslim beliefs lead to terrorism, why were they not committing terrorist acts in the 1980s??

It was before Saudi Arabia started to plague the world with their regressive and ostentatious practice of Islam called Wahhabism, which is the root of Islamic terrorism and seems to become mainstream Islam nowadays.

Original post by Themini
I believe that's when we used to call the Irish a bunch of terrorists..It just so happens that terrorism flourished after we started removing the puppet dictators we supported and systematically started destabilising the entire region.

The region has always been unstable with autocrats.

Original post by Themini
We're the ones that armed the free Syrian rebels..aka ISIS. Its a geopolitical matter not a religious matter.

We didn't arm ISIS. After a long wait, the USA trained a few dozens of members of the Free Syrian Army and only gave them some light weapons. ISIS got most of their arms through the capture of Iraqi barracks and traffic with Turkey (the Turkish state has played a troubled role in that case by the way).
Reply 102
Original post by Defraction
Very true, indeed. The thing is that the Old Testament(Religious scripture that was published before Jesus was born) is very violent but no one seems to criticise it. If everyone in the world read their own religious scripture with deep meaningful understanding then there wouldn't be such awful atrocities in Iraq, Syria and any other country for that matter right now.

The difference is that Jews and Christians don't claim that their holy books are the literal word of God, so they can disregard the violent parts.

Islam needs a reformation.
Original post by Josb
The difference is that Jews and Christians don't claim that their holy books are the literal word of God, so they can disregard the violent parts.

"Orthodox Judaism maintains that the Torah and Jewish law are divine in origin, eternal and unalterable, and that they should be strictly followed."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judaism
Same actions, different day. They won't stop until they're stopped.
Reply 105
Original post by Listers
Yes I have.

All scriptures of all the Abrahamic religion, and Islam is by far the most violent. The muslim terrorist use to justify their silly actions.

The Christian militia argument is extremely flawed and stupid because Jesus christ unlike muhammed condemned any form of violence whilst muhammed encouraged it and practised it out himself to the fullest.

It's not even something hidden in Islam, just read their Hadiths, all his vicious acts done throughout his life was all documented in various writings, especially when he said he was made victorious through terror in Sahih Bukhari 4:52.220

You read up on the religion and don't quote me again unless you have something meaningful to say.

There is no sahih Bukhari 4:52.220 That's the link to a smje committee?!!!!
Original post by Josb

Islam needs a reformation.

Most Muslims don't even read the Qur'an. This verse in the Qur'an clearly shows that Islam is against violence and it's one of my most favourite verse.

"Because of that, We decreed upon the Children of Israel that whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely. And our messengers had certainly come to them with clear proofs. Then indeed many of them, [even] after that, throughout the land, were transgressors."This verse shows that if you kill one person, it's like you have killed humanity. If you save one person, it's like you saved humanity. Ultimately, this verse strengthens my pacifism nature.
Most Muslims don't even read the Qur'an. This verse in the Qur'an clearly shows that Islam is against violence and it's one of my most favourite verse.

"Because of that, We decreed upon the Children of Israel that whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely. And our messengers had certainly come to them with clear proofs. Then indeed many of them, [even] after that, throughout the land, were transgressors."This verse shows that if you kill one person, it's like you have killed humanity. If you save one person, it's like you saved humanity. Ultimately, this verse strengthens my pacifism nature.

You can thank Talmud, where this passage was originally formulated.

Exactly, which is why it's a joke that most Muslims think they automatically know better than everyone else about Islam and the Qur'an for no reason other than they're Muslim.

Also, it appears from your post here that you haven't read it either :wink:
Original post by KimKallstrom
Exactly, which is why it's a joke that most Muslims think they automatically know better than everyone else about Islam and the Qur'an for no reason other than they're Muslim.

Also, it appears from your post here that you haven't read it either :wink:

I read the Qur'an once or twice and looked at the translation(at specific topics that interest me like marriage, women, hell and heaven). But I haven't fully read the whole translation.

I'm aiming to read the Qur'an translation fully annotated alongside with the Vedas, the Old Testament, the Torah, the Guru Granth Sahib.

Being a current AS RE student clearly shows my interest in religion. I usually argue with my Muslim friends with our beliefs in Islam, I question their ignorant beliefs.
Reply 110
Very true, indeed. The thing is that the Old Testament(Religious scripture that was published before Jesus was born) is very violent but no one seems to criticise it. If everyone in the world read their own religious scripture with deep meaningful understanding then there wouldn't be such awful atrocities in Iraq, Syria and any other country for that matter right now.

But the sad thing is that some people feel the need to blame it on religion when they and anyone in fact should reflect on their lives. The reason those atrocities happened is because people did it due to their own free-will not religion. There is no point blaming it on religion and trying to hide our ignorance when the reason things happen is due to our free-will.

I absolutely adore you for having such great common sense. Btw, Ramadan Kareem.

Not so. The Old Testament has been pulled apart and analysed academically and theology everywhichway. Ever heard of Theology departments? Ever been to a library or Waterstones? The Old Testament needs to be taught in context of historicity, the writer, the culture, what the writer was trying to say, the language style etc etc. Has the Quran ever been objectively pulled apart and explored in such an objective scientific, academic way in Muslim schools and Islamic universities? Or has it only been examined in Islamic circles by those already invested in the dogma in a compliant subjective conforming way, that fits with the existent, established belief system? There are passages in the Old Testament that are violent, sure. Does that mean Christianity is a violent ideology? No it doesn't. We know that the Quran is taught as the direct and unalterable word of God, not to be changed ever. This of course, fetters any objective study of the religion by it's devotees. Islam is actually anti-academic and it teaches one not to think deeply at all. Of all the main religions, for me it is by far the most ideologically dangerous.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 111

And so how do you reconcile all the violent passages in the Quran inciting followers to kill the unbeliever and treat them harshly, tax them and subdue them, humiliate them without feeling etc Do you ignore them and pretend Islam doesn't have a violent side?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending