The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Stream 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PenelopeO
Yeah hopefully!

It makes me wonder though, if because they changed how they recruit, the initial tests have not sifted as many people as the numerical and verbal tests did.
Perhaps because so many people have passed, they're only letting so many through to the e-tray at a time, possibly due to the sheer amount of Skype interviews that would then need to be done within a week? (if a lot of people passed the e-tray)

Eh, who knows.

I don't think it'll be a skype interview, but rather a video interview that they review after the fact. I've done one previously where your questions appear on the screen and you answer, but there's nobody physically interviewing you. It says on the FAQ page that;

"you have an additional 7 days to complete the video interview which will take 25 minutes."

If the video interview can be done at any time in that 7 day period I don't think it'll be a skype interview.
Original post by Acqua
That could be it. In any case, having to wait nearly 3 weeks post tests vs those that got the results on the same day is annoying as hell, they should've started in the opposite way. Regardless, the whole process should end in January so it'll be A LOT better than the process in the past (I applied for the internship 2 years ago), so in theory we shouldn't have to wait for too long since there are so many stages and only 2 months left.

when did you do your tests?
Reply 422
Original post by scar123
when did you do your tests?

On the 3rd
I still haven't heard. Did mine end of September
So I know FS says EEA citizens are eligible to apply. What level of implicit bias do the assessors display towards non-British citizens?
Original post by HumanDancer
I am applying for the European Stream this year. I got past the electronic exercises last year, but I got dreadfully nervous during assessment stage... thought I wasn't 'good enough' and the like. So, rather than getting all down in the dumps about not getting through, I tried seeing it as an opportunity as obviously I was not 'ready'. I have spent the year since then working, building up my technique, self esteem and language skills. Hopefully now is the time! :smile:

Ah I'm applying for European too, and Project Delivery as that's closest to my current job. I know exactly what you mean, I've felt rather insecure about being good enough compared to any FS I've met but determined to have a go anyway. Good luck!
Original post by KJSwale
I still haven't heard. Did mine end of September

I can only assume they have divided results into two groups to stagger it then
Original post by scar123

It's just frustrating isn't it when people have heard the same day. Even if I've failed surely we can know by now!
Reply 428
Original post by scar123

Possible. I completed mine on the 4th and have not heard back either.
I haven't sat any of the tests yet (I've been pretty busy at work), is there any advantage to getting them done sooner rather than later?
Original post by coll0077
Yes :smile: skype interview

Are you sure it's a Skype interview.. I thought it was just a video interview
For the e-tray were you scored on the order you responded to them in terms of prioritising? I just answered them in order 😰. I finished with like 5 minutes left and was feeling pretty confident but I've got no idea now!
Original post by warratz10
Are you sure it's a Skype interview.. I thought it was just a video interview

its a video interview, as you have 7 days to do it and no specific times i assume it is pre set questions.

On their website under FAQ's it states:

The video interview is a new section of the online tests that we’re introducing this year.Before you start, make sure you:are in a quiet environmentset aside an hour where you’re free from distractionstreat this like a real intervieware presentable and have dressed appropriatelyhave adequate lighting in the room you’re inuse a computer with a webcam (or have access to a smartphone/tablet)You’ll have a practice question to begin with so you can test your equipment and make sure you will be clearly seen and heard. You’ll then be presented with a sequence of 8 questions - you’ll have 2 minutes to record your answer to the first 7, and 1 minute for the last question. You have 7 days to take the video interview.
Reply 433
I got an email today to say I'm through to e-tray and I took mine around 5-6 October. Awkward because I have to do it by 27th 4pm and that's the day after I arrive back from Cyprus holiday! I'm so grateful to be through though. Good luck to everyone else
Got an email today saying I got through to the e tray.

I completed the SJT on the 29th September

Seems like they have finally got round to the early birds
Original post by oherwydd
i still haven't heard anything which i'm now assuming means rejection :frown:
applied on 4th october

I'm in the same boat! Reckon I might not have got through. You just have think that these tests aren't reflective of your actual ability and don't let it get you down!! If it's not meant to be its not meant to be :smile:
Original post by AfricanPrinceXI

Me too, completed mine on the 2nd but only got the email in the last hour.
Good luck to all of you waiting!
Original post by PenelopeO
Me too, completed mine on the 2nd but only got the email in the last hour.
Good luck to all of you waiting!

Congratulations! I did mine on the 2nd too but haven't had an email so maybe didn't get through. Did it go to junk or clutter or main inbox?
Original post by AfricanPrinceXI

I feel like you're one of the first people on this thread who has heard back and applied before like 2nd Oct. Pretty sure I didn't get through then.... oh well, congrats!!
I still haven't so assuming I haven't gotten through, signed into my account and it just says locked still so will have to wait

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending