Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi, currently i am a year 12 AS student in the UK, but i would really like to travel to the USA to study as an undergraduate. I have looked into applying for scholarships etc online but i am still confused as to how it happens and if there is certain universities that will take me or not.
    Any help anyone can give me would be great thanks!

    I found these sites to be helpful. http://www.fulbright.org.uk/study-in...graduate-study and https://www.collegeboard.org/
    • TSR Support Team

    TSR Support Team
    Unless you have £100,000 to spare then you are limited to a small number of US colleges which offer substantial scholarships to international students. Unfortunately they are all extremely oversubscribed and very difficult to get into. Unless you have some outstanding extracurriculars and very good grades, there's not much point applying.

    For information about the application process, look in the Studying in North America forum and visit this website: http://www.fulbright.org.uk/study-in...graduate-study

    You might also consider doing a degree in the UK which involves a year abroad in the USA.
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.