Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you think I'd get a cheaper insurance quote if I phoned up? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if phoning up the insurance companies and getting a quote over the phone would get me a cheaper one compared to getting a quote online or not? Anyone tried this? Any luck?
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by ramo55)
    Just wondering if phoning up the insurance companies and getting a quote over the phone would get me a cheaper one compared to getting a quote online or not? Anyone tried this? Any luck?
    I've got mine cheaper over the phone before, it really depends though, in some companies the call centre people are restricted by the internet prices and can't do any deals because they aren't allowed whereas in others (especially smaller companies) there is room for bartering. Always worth a try in my opinion but don't expect to get loads off the price.

ReputationRep:
    When I used to flog insurance the online price was always the cheapest.

Worth a try though as above. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramo55)
    i know people who ave and it worked and i would do it when i get a my pimped out fiat

ReputationRep:
    I always pick the phone up. It's always cheaper.

Got my latest car covered for 70 quid for the year fully comp!

ReputationRep:
    From my experience, it can sometimes be cheaper, other times it isnt. Its deffo worth a try.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.