The Student Room Group

I think we need to start reconsidering our relationship with ISIS?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by john2054
What i mean is that these are people's brothers fathers and sons, and they are now in a losing position. And i am the first to point out that the terrible things they have done, are unacceptable. But they are still human beings, and we need to move on.

A lot of bad things have done, but this is a demographic we have demonized and driven in to a corner. Rather than to continue to hurl bombs and bullets at down, i think now is the time to sit down with the isis high command and negotiate a truce, okay?!?

Nah I'm sweet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 121
Original post by AlifunArnab
Because he's from Baghdad.

But it does sound very strange...don't you think?

Is his real name Elliot Shimon (Simon)?

And I am not sure completely but he was found wearing a necklace of star of David (don't really know about this though, people claim)....I have not done much research about him though and can't trust governments and the super powers. Things are very confusing.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by h333

And I am not sure completely but he was found wearing a necklace of star of David (don't really know about this though, people claim)....I have not done much research about him though and can't trust governments and the super powers. Things are very confusing.

That's the key thing. People claim all sorts of things, and unfortunately there's no shortage of anti-Semitic crap like that floating around. No, his real name isn't Elliot Shimon; it's Ibrahim Awad Ibrahim al-Badri, and his life (especially in post-invasion Iraq) is fairly well-documented.

If you can't trust governments and the super powers, then it's highly unlikely you can trust random people with no/dubious sources either. I know whom I'd rather buy a car from. :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 123
Original post by Hydeman
That's the key thing. People claim all sorts of things, and unfortunately there's no shortage of anti-Semitic crap like that floating around. No, his real name isn't Elliot Shimon; it's Ibrahim Awad Ibrahim al-Badri, and his life (especially in post-invasion Iraq) is fairly well-documented.

If you can't trust governments and the super powers, then it's highly unlikely you can trust random people with no/dubious sources either. I know whom I'd rather buy a car from. :tongue:

Trust me I have not made up my mind about him yet as he is a mystery to me. And oh really? That is actually the first time I have heard that name can you like link some evidence etc if possible. Hmm but I think people take anti-semiticsm a bit too far and that does not mean one can not say anything about Israel so I don't agree with this approach used as defence. I don't like getting emotional on matters like that as I don't look at race etc and race does not matter to me.

As with the super powers, I would just like to say: the world is very corrupted and based on politics and own interest. It is scary.
Original post by h333

Nah, not really. To my understanding it's custom. Also, many scholars of the past have the title of where they're from.

For example, you have Hasan al Basri who's from Basra.

Imam Bukhari from Bukhara.

Imam Nawawi from Nawa

I don't think Abu Bakr al Baghdadi is an undercover Jew but the Ulama say his group are khawarij.
Original post by john2054
What i mean is that these are people's brothers fathers and sons, and they are now in a losing position. And i am the first to point out that the terrible things they have done, are unacceptable. But they are still human beings, and we need to move on.

A lot of bad things have done, but this is a demographic we have demonized and driven in to a corner. Rather than to continue to hurl bombs and bullets at down, i think now is the time to sit down with the isis high command and negotiate a truce, okay?!?

Ignorant, stupid and plain pathetic.
Reply 126
Original post by AlifunArnab
Nah, not really. To my understanding it's custom. Also, many scholars of the past have the title of where they're from.

For example, you have Hasan al Basri who's from Basra.

Imam Bukhari from Bukhara.

Imam Nawawi from Nawa

I don't think Abu Bakr al Baghdadi is an undercover Jew but the Ulama say his group are khawarij.

Oh I see but it's just that his name does not sound like his birth name. If you get what I mean.

And yeah I don't know what he is tbh...may Allah protect all the non-Muslims and Muslims from evil. Ameen.
Original post by BaconandSauce
The inherent danger of accepting an increase in muslim migrants to the west should be obvious to you.

But they are already here and it's only a matter of time before the next atrocity happens.

But I suspect they know they are already bested and are on their way home as we speak.

The scary thing is there are probably hundreds of them who were BORN here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending