Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here going? If so, what accomodation are you applying on? I can't really decide...

ReputationRep:
    Julia987
    Hi,

I personally selected:

Francis Drake:
    Pros: Right on campus, so the center of activity and closer to lectures, SU etc
    Cons: I guess the accommodation is a little older than some of the other options but its perfectly livable.

Astor House
    Pros: Very new modern building, nice facilities e.g. study room, right next to the Hoe.
    Cons: Quite expensive, and situated away from the main student village, so be prepared to walk a bit further.

St Thomas Court:
    Pros: Near student village, nice all round accommodation really. Also close to the Barbican.
    Cons: Im not really sure, I haven't had a chance to look around this accomodation.

This map gives you an idea of location's: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...4312705933.jpg

Hope this might give you an insight into my choices, please ask any questions you may have. Oh and what course have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    Ok, thanks I was considering astor and frobisher as well, but those are the most expensive on my list, so I will need to give it a think :P I'm going for Primary mathematics, hopefully.. and you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Julia987)
    Ok, thanks I was considering astor and frobisher as well, but those are the most expensive on my list, so I will need to give it a think :P I'm going for Primary mathematics, hopefully.. and you?
    I have applied for Robotics, although like you Its a conditional so all depends on my results.

I did find this site called The Student Crowd, It enables you to search for a specific accommodation e.g. Frobisher and see independent student reviews that give a more detailed and realistic idea about the different choices. I find the Plymouth website is very much a "Everything is fantastic and choose all of them" kind of sales push.

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    I hope we both get in thanks for the website, it really looks perfect on Plymouth xd I am a little disappointed in the division to 41/40 weeks contract, I liked accommodation from both of this categories :/

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
University of Plymouth resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.