What are the long term and short term effects of Harvey and Versalius' discoveries?

Watch
missdiorxx
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
As question says - what are the long term and short term effects?
Good luck with your Edexcel History GCSE tomorrow?
username2322685
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The short term effects were that Harvey and Vesalius' discoveries did not improve anyone's health therefore their work did not have a great impact and were initially not accepted. (not sure if it's short term but people's opinions did change over time to accept the new discoveries)

The long term effects were that they were key individuals important in changing attitudes and encouraging others to challenge Galen and his theories. Their discoveries were used in the future and they published books which helped to show these discoveries.

Hoped this helped and good luck for your exams!
missdiorxx
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by electramoon)
The short term effects were that Harvey and Vesalius' discoveries did not improve anyone's health therefore their work did not have a great impact and were initially not accepted. (not sure if it's short term but people's opinions did change over time to accept the new discoveries)

The long term effects were that they were key individuals important in changing attitudes and encouraging others to challenge Galen and his theories. Their discoveries were used in the future and they published books which helped to show these discoveries.

Hoped this helped and good luck for your exams!
Thank you so much, I wish you could do my GCSE!
WICKHAM26
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Not sure about short term effects but with long term effects, Vesalius' book quickly spread around Europe, helping doctors and surgeons to gain basic knowledge about anatomy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (179)
28.59%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (104)
16.61%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
9.27%
I want to meet current students (52)
8.31%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (50)
7.99%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (126)
20.13%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (37)
5.91%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (20)
3.19%

Watched Threads