Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I achieved an A grade exactly for my controlled assessment in History. My exam board is Edexcel, would anyone be able to help me find out what I would need to get in Paper 1, 2 and the sources paper to get an A grade or a B grade overall?? Thanks
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Gingy2)
    I achieved an A grade exactly for my controlled assessment in History. My exam board is Edexcel, would anyone be able to help me find out what I would need to get in Paper 1, 2 and the sources paper to get an A grade or a B grade overall?? Thanks
    Is that this specification? If so, every component is equally weighted at 25% each. So to get an A, you'd need to average an A between the other 3, as your exact A grade means that when it's added to make an average, it basically doesn't affect the average because it's exactly 80.00% of the UMS. Confusing, so ignore that if you're not sure what it means). This is only true if your target grade is an A.

To get a B, however, you just need to get mostly Bs, and thanks to your A grade you can afford to get a high C or two in those exams.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.