Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

So OCR Unit 4 geology is tomorrow and Unit 5 is on Friday.

Anyone got any tips going into the exams?

Also, has anyone gone through past papers and predicted what the 8/10 markers may be this year?

Any help would be great!
    Thanks
    GeologyBoy

ReputationRep:
    Get ****ing pumped. Everything causes groundwater contamination.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a copy of the June 2015 Unit 5 OCR paper and mark scheme? Maybe you did it for a mock... it's restricted on the OCR website.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone just done the Evolution of Earth Life and Climate paper today?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by T1221)
    Anyone just done the Evolution of Earth Life and Climate paper today?
    Yep, hated question 6 and 8.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikingninja)
    Yep, hated question 6 and 8.
    I didnt like the half life question or the correlation question, thought the exam was very heavy on modes of life and adaptations. Nothing on climate which really wasnt fair!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by T1221)
    I didnt like the half life question or the correlation question, thought the exam was very heavy on modes of life and adaptations. Nothing on climate which really wasnt fair!
    I extended the graph for that half life question. Didn't like correlation either. I like most of the questions on the fossil types and trace fossils. Question 8 was a weird one to answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikingninja)
    I extended the graph for that half life question. Didn't like correlation either. I like most of the questions on the fossil types and trace fossils. Question 8 was a weird one to answer.
    What did you put for the question asking about Argon and Potassium dating and which mineral and rock can be dated?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by T1221)
    What did you put for the question asking about Argon and Potassium dating and which mineral and rock can be dated?
    I said that the rock could be weathered so then argon could escape and making the ratio look like more of the original isotopes are still potassium. I put muscovite mica.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.