Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'll be self teaching the whole of AQA A level Physics(new spec) next year - help! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am on track to get 2 A*'s in Maths and Further Maths this year.

How hard will I find self teaching the whole of AQA A level Physics (new spec) next year?

What books should I get and what resources should I use?

Considering the fact that it's a new spec and there are new exams now, how am I supposed to practice exam questions and test myself?

How can I prepare to do the 12 practicals since I have no teacher?

Any advice will be valuable.

ReputationRep:
    I have the same problem, I chose Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths and now I want to self teach myself Physics as I don't think my college will allow me. I can't decide whether to choose AQA or OCR (all my other sciences are with this board). My library was really well stocked so I have like three AQA Physics books for the new A Levels and I also have access to an online version of pearsons book on the OCR spec.

I'm a bit worried for the practicals but if I do AQA I'll ask the local college where I'll sit the exam if I can get any support or a physics teacher at my current school.

I just found this thread, this could be of help: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3999347

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nameless Vxz)

How hard will I find self teaching the whole of AQA A level Physics (new spec) next year?

Considering the fact that it's a new spec and there are new exams now, how am I supposed to practice exam questions and test myself?

Are you guys in year 11 or year 12?

ReputationRep:

Oh, and don't forget Youtube, their should be a few practicals on there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siyah99)
    Are you guys in year 11 or year 12?
    I'm in year 12.

ReputationRep:

A lot of content in A level Physics is that of M1-3 Mtlaths modules, but more basic and straight forward so of you had done these modules you would find it rather easy.

Use materials from the old spec, as there isn't a big difference in terms of content and what you learn (they just basically mixed the topics in each unit from the old spec around, and removed one or two and added a little bit more content on a few modules).

All the resources you will need cna be found on Physics and Maths Tutor website.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.