Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So i'm on holiday for my GCSE results day (25th of Aug) and i'm not gonna lie, I really want to open my resuts on the same day as everyone else. I have a few options, and I just wanted some imput on the situation. I'm still in England, and my dad is willing to take me back for the day, however it is a 3 hour drive, and I feel like it will break up the holiday. I could ask for a friend to pick it up for me and let me know how I did, however that may feel a little distant having someone open them before me. My parents have suggested (and let me just say, I would feel a little weird doing this) hiring someone (i.e a courrier) to drop them up to us where we are staying on holiday. Also I was thinking maybe a teacher could email them to me? Or would that not be allowed? I suppose at the end of the day I could just wait, but then I wouldnt be finding them out until long after the actual results day. Im sorry for the long paragraph, this is just really upsetting me that I might have to find out after all of my friends have moved on with their summer, leaving me to dealing with the results myself. Haha, anyway, thanks for reading, and opinions are appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going holiday on the 15th of July coming back 24th of August

You can write a formal letter to your exams officer stating that another person that you trust can collect your results and make sure it's signed personally by you.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    usually the school should email your results to you. I did two gcses last year and I was away for results day but still got them by email.

Im not sure if this is only my school but ask your teachers if you can get them emailed.

GOOD LUCK!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greyfeather1)
    So i'm on holiday for my GCSE results day
    You school will have a plan for this but different schools do it different ways (some will email, some won't, some make them available online etc) so ask your exams officer what the options are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aamirac)
    You can write a formal letter to your exams officer stating that another person that you trust can collect your results and make sure it's signed personally by you.
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the*man)
    Hey,
    usually the school should email your results to you. I did two gcses last year and I was away for results day but still got them by email.

Im not sure if this is only my school but ask your teachers if you can get them emailed.

GOOD LUCK!!
    Awesome! Thank you I hope last year went well for you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Compost)
    You school will have a plan for this but different schools do it different ways (some will email, some won't, some make them available online etc) so ask your exams officer what the options are
    Thanks! Thats very useful, I'll check in with her tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you can get them emailed - our whole year will be receiving our results by email this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    Yeah you can get them emailed - our whole year will be receiving our results by email this year
    Thats good to hear! I've seen a few posts online where many people say its impossible, but maybe they've changed policy! Feeling much more positve now, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harun_farah)
    I'm going holiday on the 15th of July coming back 24th of August
    Have a wonderful time

ReputationRep:
    As soon as the school closes for results day, they pile up all of the uncollected results and ceremonially burn them. Okay, maybe not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greyfeather1)
    Have a wonderful time
    Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.