Official ramadan 2016

Scroll to see replies

:nooo:

My life for the next 30 days :nopity:

:laugh: #jk ...nonetheless my energy is going to be gone. :sigh:
Reply 61
Original post by Anonymous
Sorry to be stupid but im genuinly curious,
does it move about or something or is there a set day? :redface: im not muslim and i dont get out a lot i apologise but im genuinly interested :redface:

yh, every year it changes, it goes back 10 days

so last yr the last day was on the 17th of july
this yr its on the 7th :smile:
Moon sighting conditions:

1437rmd_6-5-2016.gif
Reply 63
Original post by mariam687

*11 days miss
Original post by Someboady
Ah I didn't spot that.
Saudi Arabia:

Seen: MCW member Mr Muhammad H Zulqarnain from Riyadh reported: It is officially announced in Saudi Arabia that based on sighting, the first day of Ramadan is on June 6, 2016 (Monday).

Now we'll have to see if ANY other country has spotted the moon

Most mosques/countries go by saudi anyway..my mosque has confirmed Monday. But my cousins mosque has confirmed Tuesday which means that we will be celebrating Eid on different days ..... again

Oh thank you very much :smile: so is it sometimes in the winter if it goes back 10 days all the time? :redface:
thank you for answering and um happy Ramadan? If that is what you say im so sorry for my ignorance :getmecoat:
Reply 66
Original post by OGGUS
*11 days miss

really?
Original post by Zara0526
Most mosques/countries go by saudi anyway..my mosque has confirmed Monday. But my cousins mosque has confirmed Tuesday which means that we will be celebrating Eid on different days ..... again

True. But is this the right way? To leave the tradition of Moon Sighting and just follow "Saudi" Arabia?

It doesn't necessarily mean we'll celebrate Eid on different days. The moon must be sighted for Eid also :smile:
Reply 68
Oh thank you very much :smile: so is it sometimes in the winter if it goes back 10 days all the time? :redface:
thank you for answering and um happy Ramadan? If that is what you say im so sorry for my ignorance :getmecoat:
your cute and funny.:colondollar::biggrin:
i just want the weather to be bright but breezy

Yeah we have had Ramadan in the winter. Awh bless..
Reply 71
really?

Yeah, and it was on the Thursday18thJune last year
Reply 72

No problem :smile:
theres no particular way of saying it
but most say "ramadan mubarak"

haha, no need to be sorry, you were just be curious! :smile:
Original post by OGGUS
your cute and funny.:colondollar::biggrin:

im so sorry i dont mean to be :redface: I just like learning things and i live in a very small place so have never seen this Ramadan thing before :redface: hope you enjoy yourself :hugs:

Yeah we have had Ramadan in the winter. Awh bless..

Oh ok thank you :colondollar: was just wondering if it was like that summer solstice thing :redface:
have a good time :redface:
Reply 74
Original post by OGGUS
Yeah, and it was on the Thursday18thJune last year

i swear it was on the 17th?!
:ahee: Ramadan Mubarak to all the Muslim Ummah! :ahee:
im so sorry i dont mean to be :redface: I just like learning things and i live in a very small place so have never seen this Ramadan thing before :redface: hope you enjoy yourself :hugs:

Oh ok thank you :colondollar: was just wondering if it was like that summer solstice thing :redface:
have a good time :redface:

Small place? Yeah I've had someone ask me about Ramadan before and how the moon thing worked and I wasn't sure of the answer myself and felt bad for not knowing.
Small place? Yeah I've had someone ask me about Ramadan before and how the moon thing worked and I wasn't sure of the answer myself and felt bad for not knowing.

Yeh it is practically 100% white :redface: not saying muslims cant be white or anything just that it is very traditional christian thingy here :redface:
awwww dw thank you for all your input :hugs: and dw cos i was brought up Christian but know hardly anything about Jesus and that so dw
have a good Ramadan :hugs:
Original post by Someboady
True. But is this the right way? To leave the tradition of Moon Sighting and just follow "Saudi" Arabia?

It doesn't necessarily mean we'll celebrate Eid on different days. The moon must be sighted for Eid also :smile:

Oh, i was always under the impression that ramadhan was always 30 days long no matter when you start (so Eid would be on two different days)... tbh it just means that my family celebrate Eid twice 😂
Reply 79
i swear it was on the 17th?!

Well it was on a Thursday. That's all I remember

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending