The Student Room Group

A Level Food Technology

I take food at GCSEs and am wondering what A level food is like and if the work load of this alongside a levels sport, psych and geography will be too heavy. I am looking to pursue a career in sport and am also wondering if food tech at A level ties in with this or is it worth sticking wih just 3 a levels?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Original post by Anonymous061299
I take food at GCSEs and am wondering what A level food is like and if the work load of this alongside a levels sport, psych and geography will be too heavy. I am looking to pursue a career in sport and am also wondering if food tech at A level ties in with this or is it worth sticking wih just 3 a levels?

If your studying catering at GCSE then this A Level will be different so be prepared. I'm studying it at the moment and I'm just about to take my A2 exam. It would definitely tie in with what your planning on doing, however if your taking catering at GCSE its really different and from a personal experience I didn't like the difference and I don't personally like the subject however its different for different people. Its very scientific based and is very technical so if you like that side then hopefully you'll enjoy it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by shanlouise_xo
If your studying catering at GCSE then this A Level will be different so be prepared. I'm studying it at the moment and I'm just about to take my A2 exam. It would definitely tie in with what your planning on doing, however if your taking catering at GCSE its really different and from a personal experience I didn't like the difference and I don't personally like the subject however its different for different people. Its very scientific based and is very technical so if you like that side then hopefully you'll enjoy it.

Thanks for the reply :smile: I currently take food tech at GCSE, do you study 3 or 4 a levels?
Original post by shanlouise_xo

How did you find the exam today? I personally much prefer A2 food tech to GCSE and AS, but that's just because there's more science in it at A2

Quick Reply

Latest