The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Introverted Loughborough Freshers 2016

Introverts unite.

I'm an introvert who has accepted firmed an unconditional offer for L'bro to start later in the year. Naturally I would like to meet like-minded individuals. We can get in touch and talk and help each other potentially settle in to uni. I think it's a helpful idea!
Reply 1
Ahh this is such a good idea! What course are you going to be studying? I firmed a conditional offer of BBB for Computer Science :smile:
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by J3ss_1ca
Ahh this is such a good idea! What course are you going to be studying? I firmed a conditional offer of BBB for Computer Science :smile:

I firmed on Economics and Management AAB-ABB! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Dwellman1997
I firmed on Economics and Management AAB-ABB! :smile:

Oh nice! Have you got any idea which accommodation you're going to go for yet? The fact that halls spirit is such a big thing terrifies me :s
If you're introverted I would consider looking at societies at loughborough. I attempted to join assorted athletic clubs for my first few years, but societies were where I really enjoyed myself and fit in. They've got one for just about everything including board games, video games, anime, wine and cheese, circus tricks, rock music, assorted religions and more.
Original post by J3ss_1ca
Oh nice! Have you got any idea which accommodation you're going to go for yet? The fact that halls spirit is such a big thing terrifies me :s

I don't know yet. Thinking of Butler Court but not totally decided. There are smaller halls there and quiet rooms I think.
Original post by Elivercury
If you're introverted I would consider looking at societies at loughborough. I attempted to join assorted athletic clubs for my first few years, but societies were where I really enjoyed myself and fit in. They've got one for just about everything including board games, video games, anime, wine and cheese, circus tricks, rock music, assorted religions and more.

I do plan on joining some but haven't researched which ones yet.
Hey guys :biggrin:

Don't let the idea of halls spirit intimidate you - Loughborough has fantastic opportunities to meet new people and try new experiences whatever your preferences, these are by no means exclusive to extroverted personalities.

A great way to meet other like-minded individuals is to join one our the many clubs or societies at our Students' Union - you can find the full list here and if there's anything missing you can even set up your own, it really is impossible not to find something that suits you :smile:

I'd recommend that you check out our current student blogs if you haven't already - there's some really lovely stuff on there and I think reading them could be reassuring for you. Everybody's student experience is completely different - it'd be no fun if we were all the same!

Hope this helps :biggrin:

Amy
On the subject of halls spirit, it's mostly something that freshers get excited about for a week or two then dies off. If you don't like it just don't participate in it, it's pretty easy to avoid.
Reply 9
I'm sorry for being a bit late to the party this year, but I've restarted the LSU Societies Thread for the 2016 contingent. You can post questions about extracurricular activities there! You don't have to love clubbing to enjoy your time at Loughborough, so don't worry about being left out :3 I highly recommend getting involved in societies to help find people who have the same passions that you do!
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4194133

~ Chris ~
I too am very scared of coming to uni and mixing with lots of people and am also thinking of Butler Court. I am hopefully coming to do Social Psychology.
Original post by Mimi jade
I too am very scared of coming to uni and mixing with lots of people and am also thinking of Butler Court. I am hopefully coming to do Social Psychology.

Coming to Uni can be daunting, but I've personally met a lot of wonderful people while I've been there. May I ask what you normally get up to in your spare time? I'll be able to point you in the direction of activities and groups you may enjoy while at Loughborough ^_^

~ Chris ~
Third year Chemistry student here. I was very shy coming into university and so found the hall spirit intimidating and didn't mesh with my flatmates well. However, societies are really the best thing about uni. I know it's early to be thinking about them, but make sure you go to the bazaar and look into clubs that support your hobbies and interests, there really is something for everyone!

I'm currently chairing a society at Loughborough and was previously secretary, it's a wonderful experience and I recommend getting involved. Even as an introvert, societies mean you already have an ice breaker with people - you're there because you have a passion or interest in something

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending