Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Sorry d, *blushes*- I seem to keep hassling you...appologies!

Perhaps one of the other editors could point out something I've done wrong?
    I added some more catergories -including 'English' 'Science' 'Technology' 'Languages' and 'Humanities' under the 'By Subject' folder and have been putting stuff in them and moving links that I orginally just put in the general bit...it all shows up on the editors panelly bit of mine but when I go into the actual thing none of the new sub-catergories are there, the links moved are still where the used to be and the new links have vanished along with their folders...
    What am I doing wrong? Any ideas?

Egan

P.S sorry again!

(Original post by Egan1)
    Sorry d, *blushes*- I seem to keep hassling you...appologies!

Perhaps one of the other editors could point out something I've done wrong?
    I added some more catergories -including 'English' 'Science' 'Technology' 'Languages' and 'Humanities' under the 'By Subject' folder and have been putting stuff in them and moving links that I orginally just put in the general bit...it all shows up on the editors panelly bit of mine but when I go into the actual thing none of the new sub-catergories are there, the links moved are still where the used to be and the new links have vanished along with their folders...
    What am I doing wrong? Any ideas?

Egan

P.S sorry again!
    No worries, Egan, what you are doing is fantastic and I hope that everyone appreciates your hard work and selflessness.

Everything is going in fine, but you will need to wait for the directory to be automatically rebuilt every hour on the hour. If you look at the bottom of every page (bar the front page) there is a little thing at the bottom saying:

Last Rebuilt: Thu Aug 14 2003 - 15:00:07
    It's built from static html pages rather than dynamic pages like this forum.

Keep up the great work!

Best Wishes,
    d.

For everyone else, the URL is:

http://directory.uk-learning.net/

We are doing some great work!

ReputationRep:
    its ounds like what ur doing is great..i can't quite see it yet but i'm sure its nice

CR

(Original post by CR3)
    i can't quite see it yet but i'm sure its nice

CR
    Sorry CR, can you explain what you mean please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d)
    Everything is going in fine, but you will need to wait for the directory to be automatically rebuilt every hour on the hour. If you look at the bottom of every page (bar the front page) there is a little thing at the bottom saying...
    Oh right, that's fine then

Cheers,

Egan

P.S- I haven't used all the links I am adding- I've just been searching for some 'useful' looking ones to add so I hope they're ok

(Original post by Egan1)
    Oh right, that's fine then

Cheers,

Egan

P.S- I haven't used all the links I am adding- I've just been searching for some 'useful' looking ones to add so I hope they're ok
    You're doing very well

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.