Work experience for forensic linguistics? (English language and linguistics degree)

Watch
logophile1998
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hiya

I'm 17 years old and would like to become a forensic linguist when I'm finished at university, or just any career in linguistics if that fails to work out well for me. My school has arranged a work experience week on week commencing July 4th, what placement could I undertake to prepare me for this?

Thanks
Ftmshk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi there.
Forensic linguistics is very interesting so I'm not surprised you want to get into it.
For your work experience I would suggest looking for something that allows you to examine what other people are writing - for example in a newspaper office or communications team.
Good luck with your career plans!

Posted from TSR Mobile
logophile1998
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Ftmshk)
Hi there.
Forensic linguistics is very interesting so I'm not surprised you want to get into it.
For your work experience I would suggest looking for something that allows you to examine what other people are writing - for example in a newspaper office or communications team.
Good luck with your career plans!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello

Thank you so much for your reply, I'll try look into getting a placement at a communications team!
wotamess
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
hey I've been looking up forensic linguistics w/e too! I was wondering what kind of you ended up doing??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.51%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (38)
11.62%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.26%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (70)
21.41%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.4%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.81%

Watched Threads