Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Each day I usually spend 5 to 6 hours revising usually 1 hour breaks in between each 1 hour sessions, as it keeps my concentration levels up.

Roughly how long do you guys spend revising each day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zampth)
    Each day I usually spend 5 to 6 hours revising usually 1 hour breaks in between each 1 hour sessions, as it keeps my concentration levels up.

On school day I normally do 3-4 hours of revision with 30 minutes to an hour break in between

ReputationRep:

Those hour frames are like the goals that I make every night for the next day, then comes the next day.....

I literally do less than 1/6th of my goal.... like 30 min :-(

Any tips?

ReputationRep:
    you don't need to do that much , i do around 2

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha... Recently, I've been doing around 8 hours of revision a day. However, I'm doing A levels and need AAA this year so...

For GCSEs, I did like an hour before the exam and winged it tbh.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    When I was at school/collage I was spending maybe an hour or two revising each day. Some days I did no revision and they were purely for relaxing.

The correct answer is to do the amount that makes you feel comfortable taking the exam without burning yourself out.

ReputationRep:
    Break it down how you need to do it. I've been doing 1-2 hours per day roughly depending on what subjects im doing but it all depends on what you need. There is no usual amount i don't think

ReputationRep:
    25 hours/day.

ReputationRep:
    i do as much as i need per topic but i do half hour slots with a five minute break in between (because after half an hour the brain's attention span kinda exceeds its limit) and then have a half hour break when i finish the whole topic of a certain subject so a topic usually takes around 3 of 4 half hour slots with 15 mins break in between in total before the half hour break

ReputationRep:
    I myself do quite a lot but it makes me feel prepared so it's great to do as much as you feel necessary. Just remember that GCSE's are important but they don't define you as a person. I think it's good to prioritise the stuff you would rather do well in! I will spend a lot more time revising science (because its quite content heavy and because I enjoy it too) than German which I won't continue with. I just remind myself that a grade isn't a representation of who I am and its not the "be all or end all" as such, but I still want to succeed of course.

ReputationRep:

I don't really keep time of how much I revise, I just set myself work to do for that day and try to get it done before the day is over (which only sometimes happens ). But if it's a good day I'd say around 4-5 hours.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.