Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've been sleeping around using condoms and I have to say that the condom is one of the best inventions ever.

I'm just wondering why don't some people who sleep around use condoms? I mean I can understand if you are in a relationship and trust the other person then you can get the pill. But how can you trust a stranger?

If everyone who slept around used condoms then a lot of STIs would be nearly extinct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've been sleeping around using condoms and I have to say that the condom is one of the best inventions ever.

I'm just wondering why don't some people who sleep around use condoms? I mean I can understand if you are in a relationship and trust the other person then you can get the pill. But how can you trust a stranger?

If everyone who slept around used condoms then a lot of STIs would be nearly extinct.
    Well using a condom costs money, dulls somewhat the feeling, is clumsy if you don't know how to use one, messy, too much work (when you are at the point, you don't want to be fussing around with packaging etc.).

but theyre a good invention i think overall

(Original post by Penmer)
    Well using a condom costs money, dulls somewhat the feeling, is clumsy if you don't know how to use one, messy, too much work (when you are at the point, you don't want to be fussing around with packaging etc.).

but theyre a good invention i think overall
    Yes that's true, it really doesn't feel as good. But is it really worth an STI?

ReputationRep:

I'd say some men are just more ignorant and thinks it feels better without, whilst also being more cost effective. I personally don't mind either way, obviously being safe is easier and I've never been in the position where I can't afford condoms!

ReputationRep:
    You can get condoms free at the clinic, but I've gotta say that I much prefer it without.

ReputationRep:
    Just feels so.much better without. Flesh in flesh :sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    But is it really worth an STI?
    Personally, I don't think so, but everyone has a different attitude to risk and if just telling people to use condoms worked, no-one would smoke - people have been told not to do that stronger for longer.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.