Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 170
Size:  83.4 KB
    This picture was published in a Nazi children's book. The text reads, "The Jewish nose is crooked at its tip. It looks like the number 6."

How surprising is this source?
    I can think of many things to put on the not surprising side, but I can't find anything surprising about it. What does everyone think about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by examcalladine)
    This picture was published in a Nazi children's book. The text reads, "The Jewish nose is crooked at its tip. It looks like the number 6."

I can think of many things to put on the not surprising side, but I can't find anything surprising about it. What does everyone think about it?
    I'm not sure too tbh. That source looks very standard for times in Nazi Germany

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by examcalladine)

(Depending on the number of marks it's worth) I don't think you'd say it's surprising

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    OMG I remember the times when I did Nazi Germany in History during my GCSEs. Fun times, man!

Wished I could help but I've forgotten how to answer these questions. Although, they're very simple but like I can't see anything surprising

ReputationRep:
    It's worth 6 marks. And I thought you had to say you're both surprised and not surprised on this sort of question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, perhaps you only have to mention one side. Thanks for your contributions anyway! And yeah, Nazi Germany sure is fun! I have my exam tomorrow, not feeling it at all! 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hettyshaw)
    (Depending on the number of marks it's worth) I don't think you'd say it's surprising

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is it possible to get full marks with a one sided answer?

Maybe you could explain 2 reason for why it's not surprising to get six marks? Hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krystal16)
    Is it possible to get full marks with a one sided answer?
    If it's asking if the source is surprising, from looking at mark schemes, usually you mainly say one eg yes and then a controversial reason for no, but I did this source in a past paper...not sure what the question was but I'd assume the same, and for this 6 marker I think to get 6 marks you just had to say the context and purpose along with the main points ie what the source is showing (but linking to question!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Whats surprising is that anti-Semitic ideologies were being taught in Nazi German classes and the class is predominantly Aryan.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.