The Student Room Group

Mixed signals

I have liked a guy for over 3 years. He is 38 years old and never had a serious relationship which sparks warning signs. He lives 50 miles away from me but joined my local walking and social group which is how we met. Over time he showed interest then would just vanish on the event, disappear for months on end or puts his name down and does not turn up. The one time I told him I liked him and he started stuttering so I don't know if he has social anxiety.

He keeps joining my local walking and social groups which makes it hard for me to move on. I can't understand why he does not join groups in his hometown as he is from a large city. Does anyone have any tips on how I can move on from him? I have not been to these groups for the past 6 months to avoid him but that means missing out which has upset me.
what could you *possibly* have in common with a 38 year old man? how did you even meet him? :|
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I have liked a guy for over 3 years. He is 38 years old and never had a serious relationship which sparks warning signs. He lives 50 miles away from me but joined my local walking and social group which is how we met. Over time he showed interest then would just vanish on the event, disappear for months on end or puts his name down and does not turn up. The one time I told him I liked him and he started stuttering so I don't know if he has social anxiety.

He keeps joining my local walking and social groups which makes it hard for me to move on. I can't understand why he does not join groups in his hometown as he is from a large city. Does anyone have any tips on how I can move on from him? I have not been to these groups for the past 6 months to avoid him but that means missing out which has upset me.

I think that if u really want to go to the group, u should even if he is there and if u want to move on then u should confront him, and get closure, so that u will find it easier to then meet new people :smile:
Original post by x-bhakti-patel
I think that if u really want to go to the group, u should even if he is there and if u want to move on then u should confront him, and get closure, so that u will find it easier to then meet new people :smile:

Agree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just think about it this way, do you really want to be with someone who gives you such uncertain vibes? You'd rather be putting your effort in someone who doesn't leave you hanging in between. Someone who you can be sure as to whether they like you or not. Just move on. Hard? Yes! But learn to value yourself and stop thinking/liking someone who is so unsure about you or gives you mixed signals.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending