Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I NEED HELP- English and Creative Writing third year students/graduates Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello.
    This is going to sounds ridiculous. Ludicrous. It's going to to give you a Sunday laugh.
    Well, I'll begin...
    Basically, during my time as a student, I've switched course, retaken the first year thrice and studied at three different institutions. I've also suffered from mental illnesses, depression being the one which had stuck with me.
    I'll divulge my dilemma. A couple of years ago, I was advised to defer. My parents didn't find out and they still remain in the dark. They now think I'm in my third and final year, about to take exams. Big secret- I'm in my second.
    I'm studying English and Creative Writing and hope to keep the lie alive until I figure out how to tell them.
    Until then, I was hoping a fellow or previous Eng and Creative writing student could give me a little detail on how the end of the third year goes. What's the exam lay out? Is the creative writing side just a portfolio? When do you graduate?
    I can't speak to anyone about this because I'm so, so ashamed. I plan to tell my parents but they will be devasted and are both suffering with personal upsets at the moment.
    I really hope someone can help me, you don't know how much it'd help me, both mentally and physically.

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Which university are you at? If you go onto your uni website you should be able to access all of that information in a course catalogue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetlemontree)
    Hello.
    This is going to sounds ridiculous. Ludicrous. It's going to to give you a Sunday laugh.
    Well, I'll begin...
    Basically, during my time as a student, I've switched course, retaken the first year thrice and studied at three different institutions. I've also suffered from mental illnesses, depression being the one which had stuck with me.
    I'll divulge my dilemma. A couple of years ago, I was advised to defer. My parents didn't find out and they still remain in the dark. They now think I'm in my third and final year, about to take exams. Big secret- I'm in my second.
    I'm studying English and Creative Writing and hope to keep the lie alive until I figure out how to tell them.
    Until then, I was hoping a fellow or previous Eng and Creative writing student could give me a little detail on how the end of the third year goes. What's the exam lay out? Is the creative writing side just a portfolio? When do you graduate?
    I can't speak to anyone about this because I'm so, so ashamed. I plan to tell my parents but they will be devasted and are both suffering with personal upsets at the moment.
    I really hope someone can help me, you don't know how much it'd help me, both mentally and physically.

Thank you.
    That sort of thing is very particular to each university.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.