Turn on thread page Beta

Does having oral sex with someone make them your sexual partner? watch

I don't know f this is a weird question, but I've had oral sex with way more people than I've had penetrative sex with - twice as many if you don't include the people I've done both with. However when I was talking to my friend about it she said she's never had oral sex with someone she hasn't had penetrative sex with, so she didn't know if that would count as a sexual partner or not. I was just wondering because I don't really know what to say when people ask how many sexual partners I've had. What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    yes, having oral sex with someone definitely makes them a sexual partner.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. I recall Bill Clinton got confused about it all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katwin)
    yes, having oral sex with someone definitely makes them a sexual partner.
    really? bah i'm still counting it as 6 people :s:

ReputationRep:
    yes, not the sex part that follows oral. that holds the key to answering the sexual partner bit.
    but if you don't feel comfortable telling people that number then just say you've had full sex with...(insert number here)

On a similar note, what about finger *******ing? That count as sexual partners??

ReputationRep:
    well yeah i would guess so. if it wasn't with a sexual partner then how would you account for it?

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I think it does count because it's still sexual, though it may not be full intercourse. It doesn't matter if you used your hand, or your mouth or anything else for that matter, it's still sexual contact therefore it should be counted.

It's down to personal opinion though, you could easly say that you've had full intercourse with [insert number] people, but you've had oral sex with [insert number] other people. If you wish to keep them seperate, then do so. It's down to what you think. If you don't think it counts, don't count it.

ReputationRep:
    well, i would say its up to the person really. I've had sex with one guy and done "other things" with another, but i would say if asked that i've only had one sexual partner. this would be because the "other things" with the guy happened just once, so... maybe if i'd had oral sex repeatedly with a guy, and not full sex, then yeah i would count that as a sexual partner.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the partner part moreorless implies that you've done whatever a few times with them. So you could just count the number as people you've had sexual experiences with more than once.

ReputationRep:
    No! I guess in terms of STDs it does but when someone asks how many sexual partners you've had they mean how many you've had sex with. Well I'm definitely not saying I've had 8 sexual partners when I've only had sex with 1 person!

ReputationRep:
    Errr, no, sexual partners is how many people you've had penetrative sex with. Oral sex only partners are people you've "fooled about with"

ReputationRep:
    I would agree that sexual partners is only the number of people you've had penetrative sex with. At least, if I asked someone how many sexual partners they'd had, I wouldn't be expecting the number to include oral sex. If that makes sense?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subbacultcha)
    well, i would say its up to the person really. I've had sex with one guy and done "other things" with another, but i would say if asked that i've only had one sexual partner. this would be because the "other things" with the guy happened just once, so... maybe if i'd had oral sex repeatedly with a guy, and not full sex, then yeah i would count that as a sexual partner.
    I reckon the main reason you will say so is because you wish to live in a state of denial.

I find it hard to comprehend how one could even objectively contemplate not classifying oral sex partners as sexual partners.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    It depends on the question you're being asked.

"How many people have you slept with?" - oral sex only doesn't count
    "How many sexual partners have you had?" - yes it counts

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXMessedUpXx)
    really? bah i'm still counting it as 6 people :s:
    Why would you take even the slimmest of opportunities to readily announce the number of people you've had sex with to the whole internet? :rolleyes:

The answer to the OP's question is plain and simply yes.

ReputationRep:
    I would interpret only people you've actually had sex with a few times as sexual partners, the rest are people you've messed around with and people you've shagged....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sebbie)
    I would interpret only people you've actually had sex with a few times as sexual partners, the rest are people you've messed around with and people you've shagged....
    So anything other than intercourse isn't a sexual act?

I'm surprised how many people don't understand the meaning of this question, it's used a lot in surveys and medical questionnaires

ReputationRep:
    Sexual partners is used to discriminate between "boyfriend/girlfriends" and how many people you've had sex with.

Someone might say they've had 4 girlfriends but that doesn't mean they've only had sex with 4 people, so you'd ask how many sexual partners they've had. It doesn't include oral sex.

According to you lot you could count yourself as a "sexual partner" because you've been to 2nd base with yourself - which is obviously stupid.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 1, 2007
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.