Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My exam is in 11 hours and I haven't revised all year, ideas anyone?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Well you've had all year to revise. So first come to terms with the fact that whatever happens you should have put in the work sooner.

Frankly I think your best bet is to go to sleep. Be well rested. Sitting up all night revising won't do a whole lot of good at this point and you need to be rested to have a chance on the exam.

Given that we don't know what exam you have it's tough to say exactly what you should revise. But I'd go to sleep right now and try to be up early in the morning. Get in an hour of revision before the exam if you can, focusing on the most important things.

And above all else remember this. Don't do it again. Put the work in so you aren't put in this position.

ReputationRep:
    It's Physics and IT tomorrow, I'm going to crash and burn... I can't go to sleep cause of the anxiety, I messed up, cri evritim
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Well you're not wrong that you messed up but honestly there's very little you can do. If you stay up all night revising you'll just burn out in the exam and if you go to sleep you'll end up with little time to revise in the morning. And if you don't sleep because of anxiety and don't revise then you'll be in an even worse position.

Is it GCSE? If so great news, the exams don't matter an awful lot.

I'll be brutally honest. You messed up and there's a good chance you'll fail, or get a grade you aren't happy with. But it regardless of what happens it isn't the end of the world. If you fail you just resit. It might seem like a big deal now but don't let it get to you. The result of tomorrows exams will not screw your life up in any way. At most you might find yourself a year behind your peers because you had to resit. Well I spent an additional 2 years at college for no real reason and took a gap year. I'm 3 years behind my peers that went to University. And it doesn't matter one bit.

ReputationRep:
    First year of College (AS) I'm doing past papers rn, cramming it all in my head, hopefully it will work
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Oh well that's even better. It's super easy to just resit the year if you fail and you'll be in a good position if you have to retake next year.

Past papers are alright for revising if you know the content but if you find you don't actually know what you're supposed to be answering they won't do you a lot of good.

Don't spend too long on it. You'll need sleep before the exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I_Like_Turtles)
    My exam is in 11 hours and I haven't revised all year, ideas anyone?
    Someone's in trouble ;} It's your own fault though. Don't go to sleep tonight, what's that going to do if you don't know anything? Revise the whole night like I did with AS by1.

ReputationRep:
    You dig yourself a grave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I_Like_Turtles)
    First year of College (AS) I'm doing past papers rn, cramming it all in my head, hopefully it will work
    **** me Physics A-level + 11 hours + other exam Lol, good luck.
    From experience, i can say youll be lucky to pass, and if you do, youll end up with crap grades. I did the exact same thing for maths and got a D.
    All that being said my exams are in 4 days, and ive done no revision .... so looks like im gonna fail again ,

Also doing all all nighter will most likely make things much worse, from experience again. I stayed up all night doing bio revision and lamost bunked the exam since i felt like ****, i had 0 sleep and felt like i was on drugs/drunk. Im lucky as **** Bio isnt an essay bases subjuct, since i could barely wrtie in the exam . ( did get a B, 2 UMS off an A, but thats cos i ;earnt from maths and used the few days i had to revise day and night )

ReputationRep:
    I did the same for GCSE religious studies. Just revise the morning before, make a few flashcards and f***ing wing it. I got an A
    Also, GCSEs don't reeeaaally matter unless you want to study medicine or something. Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.