Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently studying AS level Government and Politics with AQA and ideally I'd like at least a B grade, however I'm not feeling too confident this year with certain events that have taken place throughout the year that I feel have prevented me from being able to learn and thus perform to my full potential in tomorrow's exam.

I'm not entirely sure whether or not I'll be able to retake this exam in June next year with the introduction of the "new spec" A level coming into practice in September..

Does anyone know if they'll offer retakes or will I have to start the subject from fresh next year if I don't get the desired result?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    New spec is linear so you will be assessed on content from year 12 and 13 so essentially you are kinda doing a retake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Banter_Bus)
    I'm currently studying AS level Government and Politics with AQA

Does anyone know if they'll offer retakes or will I have to start the subject from fresh next year if I don't get the desired result?
    It will be possible to re-sit Politics exams next year - the provisional timetables are out for next Summer so you can check if you want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Compost)
    It will be possible to re-sit Politics exams next year - the provisional timetables are out for next Summer so you can check if you want.
    Yup thats right, its is classified as a resit only so I think u must have done the unit this year or before to be able to resit in 2017 hence resit and and first take.I think its the last time tho for both AS and A2(For Bio) and maybe chem but i dont know.Maths is unaffected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Banter_Bus)
    I'm currently studying AS level Government and Politics with AQA and ideally I'd like at least a B grade, however I'm not feeling too confident this year with certain events that have taken place throughout the year that I feel have prevented me from being able to learn and thus perform to my full potential in tomorrow's exam.

I'm not entirely sure whether or not I'll be able to retake this exam in June next year with the introduction of the "new spec" A level coming into practice in September..

Thanks!
    Hi, I did the old spec this summer and got a C
    And i'll be retaking the AS paper to improve my grade so a retake of of AS paper and A2 paper of the old spec is possible in summer 18. It will be the last chance though.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.