The Student Room Group

Fascination with spirits

I am fascinated by spirits and the paranormal, yet I have not had a personal encounter with anything paranormal. What does everyone else think about the afterlife? Real or fake? I'm a heavy believer and would love to have a friendly encounter with a spirit.
Same here. I've had a few spooky encounters before which meant I couldn't sleep for about 2 weeks :/
Original post by sfarquhar0
Same here. I've had a few spooky encounters before which meant I couldn't sleep for about 2 weeks :/

Would love to go on an investigation some time. What happened in the encounters?
Original post by SocialStudiesETC
I am fascinated by spirits and the paranormal, yet I have not had a personal encounter with anything paranormal. What does everyone else think about the afterlife? Real or fake? I'm a heavy believer and would love to have a friendly encounter with a spirit.

I wouldn't say I'm a believer at all but I guess I know more about the paranormal and supernatural than most of my friends do, I find it interesting. Also my cousin used to make me watch ghost and poltergeist videos on youtube with her. I've read a lot about what different people believe and the different methods of communing with the spirits but just out of interest and not really because I believe in that stuff. Has anyone ever watched any of those shows where people go to supposedly haunted places and try and find the ghosts?
Original post by SocialStudiesETC
Would love to go on an investigation some time. What happened in the encounters?

Basically, one time me and my sister were home alone (this was about 3 years ago) and we were messing about on a camera making silly videos. In the background of one the videos there was a figure (very clear) who was shrouded with a white cloth over its head and had a grey blurry face. It was neither of us. The following weeks there was a very spooky feeling in the house that lasted for about 2 weeks. Weird things happened like stuff falling off the mantle piece for no reason and the feeling of being watched
I felt a presence of a child of some sort. Then it went away.

It was really scary and weird. I've never had anything like that since
I know I'm not the only one:music:
I'm also very interested in the paranormal (I even created a Ghosts and Folklore society here on TSR!). I know plenty of people who claim to have had paranormal experiences, but I've never had one myself, so I'm a bit skeptical to be honest :smile:
As a Christian i believe that there are spirits which can help and ones which can harm. Angels are good spirits; each person has a Guardian Angel who is assigned to protect and help them.

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/10100000/Angel-Of-Love-angels-10152074-1024-768.jpg
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
It is really had to know if these things are really true or not. Personally 3yrs ago I lived in an old shared house and there was things that happened there that were just plain creepy. Like the beds would shake, but we didn't live near main road or train track. And the volumes on our electronic devices (phones and TVs) used to turn themselves up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending