Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I'm in my second year of university and was just wondering as to when I can apply for a PGCE for 2017.

Thank you for your help

ReputationRep:
    I believe you can apply now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elivercury)
    I believe you can apply now?
    I'm so confused when did the applications first open? And when do they close?

ReputationRep:
    Applications for 16/17 opened October 27th 2015 so from October this year, you'll be able to apply for the academic year after (17/18).

UCAS will usually update their dates calendar beforehand. Get your references and personal statement written before th You can't submit your application without references, and you can't send email reminders until 2 weeks with no response.

Closing dates will vary between providers. Some are first come first serve (spaces will fill fast for popular courses) or they will set their own dates. My provider said end of May was their closing date.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Findlay6)
    Applications for 16/17 opened October 27th 2015 so from October this year, you'll be able to apply for the academic year after (17/18).

UCAS will usually update their dates calendar beforehand. Get your references and personal statement written before th You can't submit your application without references, and you can't send email reminders until 2 weeks with no response.

Closing dates will vary between providers. Some are first come first serve (spaces will fill fast for popular courses) or they will set their own dates. My provider said end of May was their closing date.
    Thank you very much

ReputationRep:
    I remember applying for university (yonks ago now..) you could fill out all the boring stuff on ucas (name/education etc..) in June so you'd merely have to click submit. Is that possible for teacher training

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Findlay6)

Who would you recommend getting a reference from? Would it be a university tutor?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peanutbuttercup)
    Who would you recommend getting a reference from? Would it be a university tutor?
    If you are at university, yes. If you have been employed for a while I would advise using your supervisor/manager. They'll know you better than a uni lecturer from 4-5 years ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peanutbuttercup)
    Academic/professional.

I think if you've been to uni in the last 3 years, they advise you to use a Uni lecturer, and you can use employers.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.