Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Falsely accused of rape...what happens now? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've just now found out that I was falsely accused of rape. I was told that the accusation was recorded months ago, yet I have never heard from or been approached by the authorities.

Do I now have a criminal record, despite never hearing anything from the police?

Will this false, malicious accusation appear on my enhanced CRB check and affect my ability to apply for jobs?

I would really appreciate your replies, thank you for reading.

ReputationRep:
    if you have been charged, convicted or sent to prison....then you should worry because your life is going to be difficult.
    if none of this has happened to you...drink a cup of tea and chill cos everything will be alright. Accusations do not appear in your enhanced CRB check if the accusation is proven false. If you are arrested but then released without charge...it will be in your enhanced CRB check but when employers ask for what u were arrested for...you have the right to not tell them because you were released without charge for the cause of the arrest.
    I hope everything goes well my brother!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GhostMan1865)
    if you have been charged, convicted or sent to prison....then you should worry because your life is going to be difficult.
    if none of this has happened to you...drink a cup of tea and chill cos everything will be alright. Accusations do not appear in your enhanced CRB check if the accusation is proven false. If you are arrested but then released without charge...it will be in your enhanced CRB check but when employers ask for what u were arrested for...you have the right to not tell them because you were released without charge for the cause of the arrest.
    I hope everything goes well my brother!
    Thank you very much for your quick response! I really appreciate that. I haven't been approached by the police at all, I haven't heard from them at all and they've known since months ago. No calls, no letters, no arrest, nothing at all.

I can't say for certain whether the accusation was proven as false because I don't know what happened, all I know is that I haven't been approached by the police. So it is possible that they decided not to take any action.

Anyway, thank you so much again, I really appreciate your response, you've alleviated some of my stress. I'm just wondering whether I need to convince this person to go to the police station just to tell them that she lied and made everything up, just for my peace of mind, and just so that they have all the information that they need about the reality of the situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cold 187um)
    Thank you very much for your quick response! I really appreciate that. I haven't been approached by the police at all, I haven't heard from them at all and they've known since months ago. No calls, no letters, no arrest, nothing at all.

I can't say for certain whether the accusation was proven as false because I don't know what happened, all I know is that I haven't been approached by the police. So it is possible that they decided not to take any action.

Anyway, thank you so much again, I really appreciate your response, you've alleviated some of my stress. I'm just wondering whether I need to convince this person to go to the police station just to tell them that she lied and made everything up, just for my peace of mind, and just so that they have all the information that they need about the reality of the situation.
    How do you know the allegation was made to and recorded by the police at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nobbono)
    Was about to say this too.

ReputationRep:

How did this all begin? I need to remind myself that it's important to record if she has consented, her age, her name etc so I can be safe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nobbono)
    Because she told me just a couple of hours ago. I don't know the intricate details, all I know is that she concocted an entirely false and elaborate story of how I raped her and submitted this to the police.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dnkz7)
    How did this all begin? I need to remind myself that it's important to record if she has consented, her age, her name etc so I can be safe.
    There was no sex. This was never about sex. The rape story was entirely fictional, it was not based on any sexual activity at all.

Here's what happened - I got someone to prank call her just to annoy her. Unfortunately, the prank backfired. Fuming with anger and seeking revenge (bear in mind she's extremely vindictive and unstable), she immediately called the police and filed a false rape accusation, purely as an act of revenge for the prank that I made. She even gave them my full details and created an elaborate story!! That's all it was. There was no sex.

ReputationRep:
    There was no sex. This was never about sex. The rape story was entirely fictional, it was not based on any sexual activity at all.

Here's what happened - I got someone to prank call her just to annoy her. Unfortunately, the prank backfired. Fuming with anger and seeking revenge (bear in mind she's extremely vindictive and unstable), she immediately called the police and filed a false rape accusation, purely as an act of revenge for the prank that I made. She even gave them my full details and created an elaborate story!! That's all it was. There was no sex.
    Woah, that sounds hella deep and she's definitely got some mental issues going on. You should report that she needs to seek help definitely, wasting police time to file a report and then admit to nothing going on is seriously gonna tick them off. She may get a record or a sentence.

ReputationRep:

lmao, don't worry about it man, call the police and ask them tomorrow, they'll be able to tell you everything you need to know.

ReputationRep:
    If she's making it up and it got as far as court it'll fall apart under cross-examination anyway. Concocted stories generally do in all walks of life.

I wouldn't worry yourself. She may not even have done it(likely IMO based upon what you've said about her) and be making the whole thing up anyway. I doubt the police would have waited months without arresting you.

ReputationRep:
    Take her to court for defamation of character. What a horrible thing to be accused of!

ReputationRep:
    So, the sensible thing to do would be to ring the police and enquire as to whether any allegation has been made against you. If not then she just pranked you back, again!

If you say she is vindictive and unstable (armchair psychological diagnosis is never the most charming thing and is pure speculation in this forum) then make sure you keep a wide berth and learn from the situation. Not everyone shares the same sense of humour as yourself and you should bear that in mind when pranking people again in the future.

I'm sorry she has created this worry for you. Having seen real rape victims in court it's a horrendousexperience to relive, even months after the event and should never be used as a means for revenge.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 6, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.